+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provincial Nominee Program | International Student With a Job Offer

umairq00

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I completed a two year degree and will applying as an International Student with a job offer. I have received my Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) and I am currently looking for full-time work. I have concluded that in my situation, applying under the Provincial Nominee Program offered by Opportunities Ontario is the best option as far as the processing time is concerned.

Now I am trying to be proactive and therefore, planning to get to know the process of applying once I am provided with a job offer. As per the steps that are involved in the process, I have below inquiries:

1) Do I have to contact the HR department of the company that offered my with a job offer about filling the Pre-Screen Application Form?

2) Once they have the approval, I will then fill out the nominee application package and submit to the Opportunities Ontario Program.

3) As per the quote from Opportunities Ontario Website:
1. A full-time job consists of 1,560 hours of paid employment in a 12-month period. The following is not considered full-time work, even if workers are employed for 1,560 hours in a 12-month period:
- Seasonal, cyclical or part-time employees regardless of their working hours.
- Subcontractors or agency workers.
- Employees who do not work on the company’s premises, such as employees who work from home, or employees who work in a ‘virtual’ location and serve the employer by telecommuting.
A permanent job offer is continuous employment in a position designated as permanent and which has no specified end date. Opportunities Ontario will consider one year renewable contracts for international students on a case-by-case basis.
and

In order to qualify for Opportunities Ontario, job offers must be permanent and full-time. Getting a first job after graduation is not an easy task and many students will not receive permanent full-time job offers right out of school. Given this reality for students, Opportunities Ontario will also consider one-year renewable contracts on a case-by-case basis.
Question: Are they saying that there should be potential of getting the contract renewed? OR are they saying that it should say somewhere on the contract that they might extend your contract at the end of the term?

If anyone is been through this process, kindly provide some useful feedback to make this transitional process better and simpler for me.

Thanks and Regards,

leogxn

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-NS / CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
Doc's Request.
06-01-2014
Nomination.....
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
16-09-2013
Med's Request
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
21-09-2013
Passport Req..
14-03-2014
Hi, You just need to work full time under your PGWP in a period of 12 months in Ontario.

For example: If you get a job under off-campus work permit but the PGWP application is still in progress, the first eligible day is from date signed of your PGWP.

In your case, you already get the PGWP, you just need to get a full time job (prefer permanent job or 2 year contract) and continually work for one year prior to submit your application of OINP.

umairq00 said:
Hi Everyone,

I completed a two year degree and will applying as an International Student with a job offer. I have received my Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) and I am currently looking for full-time work. I have concluded that in my situation, applying under the Provincial Nominee Program offered by Opportunities Ontario is the best option as far as the processing time is concerned.

Now I am trying to be proactive and therefore, planning to get to know the process of applying once I am provided with a job offer. As per the steps that are involved in the process, I have below inquiries:

1) Do I have to contact the HR department of the company that offered my with a job offer about filling the Pre-Screen Application Form?

2) Once they have the approval, I will then fill out the nominee application package and submit to the Opportunities Ontario Program.

3) As per the quote from Opportunities Ontario Website:
and

Question: Are they saying that there should be potential of getting the contract renewed? OR are they saying that it should say somewhere on the contract that they might extend your contract at the end of the term?

If anyone is been through this process, kindly provide some useful feedback to make this transitional process better and simpler for me.

Thanks and Regards,

umairq00

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Hi,

You are talking about applying through Canadian Experience Class (CEC) which requires one year Canadian Experience. I am plaing to apply through Opportunities Ontario - Provincial Nominee Program. This requires a Canadian degree and a job offer.

Regards,

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
umairq00 said:
Hi,

You are talking about applying through Canadian Experience Class (CEC) which requires one year Canadian Experience. I am plaing to apply through Opportunities Ontario - Provincial Nominee Program. This requires a Canadian degree and a job offer.

Regards,
Hi umairq00,
I am also an Ontario Masters student, and plan to apply next year. Have you found a job or have you applied without a job offer? I don't think job offer is required for PNP nomination, maybe later for the second round of FSW category.

umairq00

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Hi Feb2004,

I am still looking for a job and will apply once a get one. If you are completing a Masters Graduating program, you won't need a job offer, but you will need to show proof of funds and maybe have to give an IELTS-Academic exam.

Good luck!

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
umairq00 said:
Hi Feb2004,

I am still looking for a job and will apply once a get one. If you are completing a Masters Graduating program, you won't need a job offer, but you will need to show proof of funds and maybe have to give an IELTS-Academic exam.

Good luck!
Are you not a Masters student then? Another useful site if you are in Ontario is https://www.facebook.com/studyworkstay?filter=2

umairq00

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
I was doing my Masters but then I changed my mind and completed a two year technical degree. So I have to apply through "Canadian Degree with a Job Offer" stream. Yes, that is the official Facebook page of Opportunities Ontario. Some help can be found there by seeing the posts there or posting a question yourself.

Regards,

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
umairq00 said:
I was doing my Masters but then I changed my mind and completed a two year technical degree. So I have to apply through "Canadian Degree with a Job Offer" stream. Yes, that is the official Facebook page of Opportunities Ontario. Some help can be found there by seeing the posts there or posting a question yourself.

Regards,
Good luck with your job search. I have withdrawn from Ph.D and am finishing as an MA student, don't know how my course work spread over 3 years will be considered by the PNP office.

umairq00

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Thank you very much! Yes, I think you made a good decision. 3 years of coursework is good enough for PNP considerations.

Good luck!

zhu202

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Regina, SK, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP, Ottawa.
NOC Code......
Kitchen helper, D category it is.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep14, 2012.
Nomination.....
Feb05, 2013.
AOR Received.
June04, 2013.
IELTS Request
Already did that before applying SINP, 7/9.
File Transfer...
June04, 2013.
Med's Request
June10, 2013.
Med's Done....
June12, 2013.
Interview........
"In Process" on Aug20, 2013.
Passport Req..
Dec06, 2013. Decision made on Dec09, 2013.
VISA ISSUED...
Dec06, 2013.
LANDED..........
Dec22, 2013.
Your situation sounds rather like CEC...

umairq00

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Hi Zho202,

For applying through Canadian Experience Class (CEC) stream, one has to have a 1 year Canadian experience. There is a difference between CEC and PNP streams.

Regards,

skswamy

Jun 24, 2015
Hello everyone,
Is there a difference between Ontario International Student Program and International Masters Program.Are one year Master degree holders eligible. If sone one gets admitted to a Masters program they are expected to have good language proficiency. Then what is the need to have IELTS again.Is there a step by step guide to review detailed steps involved. Thanks