+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provincial Nominee (PNP) through CIC/CHC Singapore

Bety

Jun 21, 2009
J1visa said:
Thanks very much Bety and Daylight_Dream. I am sending my passport but it has only 11 months 12 days valid from the medical examination. Does Singapore CHC accept this passport?
If your passport only valid for another 11 months & 12 days from the medical date, I would suggest that you obtain the new passport and then send the new one to CHC.
However, if you are going to submit your current one. Personally I think it's OK as well. As they will stamp the last day of the visa as the last day of your passport validation. You then need to travel 6 months prior to your passport expiry date.

My timeline:
1. From CHC confirms my case no. to medical request: approx 1 month
2. From medical done to PPR: approx 1 month
3. From passport sent date to passport received date: approx. 1 month

The whole process with CHC Singapore took approx. 3 months. I am one of the lucky one!

J1visa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
Thank you very much Bety!

Daylight_Dream, have you received your passport with PR visa yet ? When did your ECAS change to Decision made? I got mine change yesterday.

Daylight_Dream

Jul 9, 2009
J1visa said:

Daylight_Dream, have you received your passport with PR visa yet ? When did your ECAS change to Decision made? I got mine change yesterday.
I have also have my status changed to Decision made day before yesterday. Now i am wondering when i will get my passport back. It is already about 1 and half month since i sent my passport!!!

J1visa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
When ECAS changed to Decision Made, it means that the visa has been issued and sticked into our passport. But I don't know how long for it to reach the courier and then my home address. Normally, it takes more than ten days from Singapore to the US by air mail and 3 days by Fedex.

Hi Bety. Could you share with us how long you had your PP in hand after ECAS changed to Decision Made? Thanks.

Bety

Jun 21, 2009
J1visa said:
Hi Bety. Could you share with us how long you had your PP in hand after ECAS changed to Decision Made? Thanks.
I received my PP back around 2-3 weeks after the ECAS changed to Decision Made.

Daylight_Dream

Jul 9, 2009
J1visa said:

Do you have any news Daylight_Dream?
I dont have any news right now. Just waiting for passport return. As i said earlier my passport is slightly damaged. so bit worried about their decision. Have u heard anybody rejected for damaged passport?

J1visa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
No. If it is the case, CHC will ask you to resubmit a new passport + current passport. Any news now?

Daylight_Dream

Jul 9, 2009
J1visa said:
No. If it is the case, CHC will ask you to resubmit a new passport + current passport. Any news now?
Hi j1visa...I have no news yet. I am getting impatient. I can not enter in my ecas from yesterday. I dont know whats going on. Can you access ecas? let me know. Also keep me updated once you get your passport back.

Bety

Jun 21, 2009
Personally I do not think they reject your case just because of the physical condition of your passport.
So relax and be patient.
If they are not happy with your passport they will certainly return it to you and ask for a new one.

J1visa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
I agree with Bety. I think you should receive your PP back before me. I am still waiting as well.

CHC may send you a letter asking you to send a new passport if the old one cannot satisfy the visa condition. But this letter will not be express mail or courier. It should be normal mail which will take 10 days or more to reach you. So be waiting.

Yes. I can access ECAS. It is the same Decision Made as last week.

Daylight_Dream

Jul 9, 2009
Thank u both of you (j1visa and bety) for giving me mental support in this difficult period. Anyway still waiting for passport. hi j1visa have you got any news? it's two week and two days from decision made.