+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROVINCIAL NOMINEE MANITOBA

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
Hello Everyone,

I see there is not much forums about MPNP stream on this website. Thanks to you guys sharing information to give some guide lines for future applicants.

I have contacted one of the immigration consultant in my city and he advised me that MPNP general stream is the best way for me to immigrate to canada. He told me that it will cost around 20,000 USD for start to finish including canadian immigration fees. (we are family of 3). I was looking on the manitoba website and they says that application is free. I wonder than why it costs so much.

Can you guys please provide some light on this. Do you think he is trying to grill me?

Thanks in advance,

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
PaToAb said:
Hello Everyone,

I see there is not much forums about MPNP stream on this website. Thanks to you guys sharing information to give some guide lines for future applicants.

I have contacted one of the immigration consultant in my city and he advised me that MPNP general stream is the best way for me to immigrate to canada. He told me that it will cost around 20,000 USD for start to finish including canadian immigration fees. (we are family of 3). I was looking on the manitoba website and they says that application is free. I wonder than why it costs so much.

Can you guys please provide some light on this. Do you think he is trying to grill me?
YES

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
PaToAb said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance,
Maybe yes, maybe not. If he says it will "cost" $20000, you should stay away from the consultant. If he says you will "need" $20000, it is about right.

During the immigration process, you will need to show the proof of funds ($16580 CAD for 3 family members). This is because CIC needs to know that you have enough money to support the costs of living for your family when you start your life in Canada.

Also, the fees for immigration lawyers/consultants are usually about $3000, so you will have to have about $20000 to start the immigration process (if you decide to hire a lawyer or consultant).

qaiser

Star Member
Apr 26, 2009
S.K said:
PaToAb said:
Hello Everyone,

YES

ok PAtoAb: iam also applying from pakistan in General stream. i recomend you not to take any consultant here in pakistan the fees of consultants is really very high .i met 2 consultants lalanis associates and Auksun .they are taking above 1 lac jus for processing .which you can do easily if u go though cic site.one thing iwant to ask you did u ask your consulatant the time line ?i gain 61 marks.so please if u have any information related to time line please share.and one thing more if i get married after i got the nomination certificate then to whome we have to update .? islamabad embassy or again nomination govt? thanks

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qaiser said:
S.K said:
PaToAb said:
Hello Everyone,

YES

ok PAtoAb: iam also applying from pakistan in General stream. i recomend you not to take any consultant here in pakistan the fees of consultants is really very high .i met 2 consultants lalanis associates and Auksun .they are taking above 1 lac jus for processing .which you can do easily if u go though cic site.one thing iwant to ask you did u ask your consulatant the time line ?i gain 61 marks.so please if u have any information related to time line please share.and one thing more if i get married after i got the nomination certificate then to whome we have to update .? islamabad embassy or again nomination govt? thanks
Hi S.K.,

I have 55 points. Can I go for MPNP under General Stream?

Thanks for your time and reply.

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
charninder said:
Hi S.K.,
I have 55 points. Can I go for MPNP under General Stream?
YES if you can score 55 points and you have two friends to support in Manitoba, You can apply

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qaiser said:
I agree with qaises. unless your case is really complex avoid using a consutant. the basic forms are very simple and straightforward. what they ask you fill in and send. that is the same thing that a consultant will do. ask you questions and fill it in. why pay the consultant for doing that if your case is straight forward ?

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlbertaGovernor said:
qaiser said:
I agree with qaises. unless your case is really complex avoid using a consutant. the basic forms are very simple and straightforward. what they ask you fill in and send. that is the same thing that a consultant will do. ask you questions and fill it in. why pay the consultant for doing that if your case is straight forward ?
Hi qaiser, S.K., AlbertaGovernor,

Thanks for your quick and encouraging replies.

badchina

Aug 26, 2009
Hello All,

I have my visa now. Im going to winnipeg manitoba. currently im working now in singpore, im planning to go canada by end of september 2009. Im planning to just stay for 1 week in canada so that i have a proof of landing in canada. After that i will be going back to singapore because of my work. Is it possible to do this? Can i get my PR if just stay for 1 week? Im under provincial nominee. Im working now in GE here in singapore, is it ok if i ask for transfer to canada even i have my visa now?but the province where GE reside in canada is in ontario. Do strictly need to work in manitoba?

badchina

Aug 26, 2009
To all Filipino who has been approved this year 2008 and 2009,

Have you attended the seminar before going to canada?or is there really a need to attend to that seminar when before going to canada?

thanks.

girish

Sep 2, 2009
Hi,
I Have applied for MPNP under genral stream on Dec 2007 and recieved AOR on Feb 2008. six month back i revied email for asking few missing documents and had a telephonic conversassion with program officer. but there after i have not heard anything. My wife aunty is there in toranto which they knows. Can some one please advice regarding these limeline and can my wife reletive in toranto affact my application

Some one pls advice.

Manoj

qaiser

Star Member
Apr 26, 2009
girish said:
Hi,
I Have applied for MPNP under genral stream on Dec 2007 and recieved AOR on Feb 2008. six month back i revied email for asking few missing documents and had a telephonic conversassion with program officer. but there after i have not heard anything. My wife aunty is there in toranto which they knows. Can some one please advice regarding these limeline and can my wife reletive in toranto affact my application

Some one pls advice.

Manoj
iam applying for general stream but havent applied yet.preparing for ielts.tell me the points you gain?and the missing docs they asked.do u have any one in manitoba to contact there winnipeg oofice ?that would be more better.i dont think so your toronto aunty can sort this out.coz the main requirmet is to have a relative in manitoba ..i have discussed with consultant.and also tell me from which country you are?and when did u applied ? and whose the main applicant ?you or your wife ?

rohnna

Sep 3, 2009
Hi,

In relation to this question. I am currently in the US and sent my application to Manitoba last August 18th (2009). Would anybody know how long Manitoba usually process the MPNP application? I saw from the application packet that it takes about 5 months or so but I just wanted to know if that has been the experience of others, especially those who submitted their application from the US. I applied under the general stream, with 2 distant relatives providing me MAS.

I sincerely appreciate your comments.

Rgds

karachi said:
Getting good information at here
I am also applying under family priority stream. i have some questions
1- how much time it take after applying MpNp to interview if application is accepted?
2- If application is approved by Manitoba is it possible that it will refused by canadian embassy?
3-after applying it, can i apply as federal skilled worker?
Thanks

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
12 month to nomination