+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provincial Nominee Immigration Timeline: added spouse while PR is in process

Satsu

Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Seniors plz help..

I'm about to receive my pnp nomination but have recently got plans to get married in early 2015 and my fiancée lives outside Canada. I have the below queries:

1. Assuming that I can add my spouse to my in progress application, can I apply for a Open Work Permit (SOWP) for my spouse (from outside Canada – She is equally qualified & working) once I've added her to my federal application and received the AOR? Because, I would like my spouse to join me and work in Canada while we are waiting for the PR.

2. I'm currently having a closed Work permit valid for another year & as a temporary worker I understand that I can apply for a open WP for my Spouse if I have a WP valid for 6months, but can anyone confirm if I can apply for a open work permit for my spouse even with the PR application in progress?

3. When is the best time in the PR processing to apply for a SOWP for my spouse?

LIJOMATHEW

Jul 13, 2012
hi everyone..i applied for my pr in april and i wasnt married at that time and i got married on may and my medical is done. i dont know how to add my wife to my application. i called cic and asked for instructions but the link which they send it to me wasnt useful .so could someone help me with this situation or just post the link here
thanks

kirthan

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LIJOMATHEW said:
hi everyone..i applied for my pr in april and i wasnt married at that time and i got married on may and my medical is done. i dont know how to add my wife to my application. i called cic and asked for instructions but the link which they send it to me wasnt useful .so could someone help me with this situation or just post the link here
thanks
I am in same situation now , I emailed CIC two months ago to update my marital status and next procedure to add spouse , I haven't received any reply from CIC since two months , I am planning to send my spouse documents to CIC Ottawa to add spouse . I called CIC but there was no use , They didn't answered to my questions.

N_Rockstar2014

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Send email to Sydney and Ottawa offices to ask whether they are processing your application. You need to know which visa office is processing your application. then send the spouse docs and your updated docs there.

kirthan said:
I am in same situation now , I emailed CIC two months ago to update my marital status and next procedure to add spouse , I haven't received any reply from CIC since two months , I am planning to send my spouse documents to CIC Ottawa to add spouse . I called CIC but there was no use , They didn't answered to my questions.

N_Rockstar2014

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Its better to include your wife when you apply for PR.
It causes delay if you add your wife when your application is being processed.
If you apply for PR alone, its unlikely that your spouse will get work permit or visa
Again nobody can guarantee you that your wife will get visa even if you don't apply for PR.

Satsu said:
Hi,

Seniors plz help..

I'm about to receive my pnp nomination but have recently got plans to get married in early 2015 and my fiancée lives outside Canada. I have the below queries:

1. Assuming that I can add my spouse to my in progress application, can I apply for a Open Work Permit (SOWP) for my spouse (from outside Canada – She is equally qualified & working) once I've added her to my federal application and received the AOR? Because, I would like my spouse to join me and work in Canada while we are waiting for the PR.

2. I'm currently having a closed Work permit valid for another year & as a temporary worker I understand that I can apply for a open WP for my Spouse if I have a WP valid for 6months, but can anyone confirm if I can apply for a open work permit for my spouse even with the PR application in progress?

3. When is the best time in the PR processing to apply for a SOWP for my spouse?

kirthan

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kirthan said:
Hi , Thank you for the reply , I Called MP office today and explained everything about my case , They gonna email CIC to find the status and file location , Hope it will help me

N_Rockstar2014

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
You have to update your document + add additional documents for your wife.
The documents that I submitted

My Spouse's Documents ------------------
IMM 0008DEP (Additional Dependants/Declaration)
IMM 5406 (Additional Family Information)
IMM 5669 (Schedule A – Background/Declaration)
Fees paid for my spouse (Receipt is included in Documents)
Immigration Fee $550
Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) $490
Copy of Birth Certificate
Copy of Passport
Original Police Clearance Certificate
6 photos (5 having Date of Birth and Signature at the Back)
Copy of Marriage Certificate

My Updated Documents -----------------
IMM 0008 (Generic Application Form for Canada)
IMM 5406 (Additional Family Information)
IMM 5562 (Supplementary Information - Your travels)

Hope it helps.

LIJOMATHEW said:
hi
so does anyone hav any idea HOW can i add my wife to my file...

N_Rockstar2014

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Attention: applicants who added their spouses in their PR applications

Please provide your timeline

N_Rockstar2014 said:
Any update guys (those who added wife in the middle of application) regarding PR timeline ?

kirthan

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
N_Rockstar2014 said:
Attention: applicants who added their spouses in their PR applications

Please provide your timeline
I have been waiting for reply from CIC since 4 months , No reply yet form my emails . I have to add my spouse to the existing application. Seniors suggest me pls

dileep kumar

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I sent a email to sydney on august 27th informing my marital status has changed. And they replied today (oct 15th) as below

Good morning,

Your e-mail regarding the change in your marital status has been received and forwarded to the appropriate individual. You will be contacted in due course.

Thank you,

AQS
Client Service Unit
Citizenship and Immigration
Centralized Intake Office
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada