+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provincial Nomination

Carllanch

Nov 19, 2019
Hi. I previously read about the provincial nomination program. But there's a certain process or scenario that still remains unknown to me. After applying for a nomination to province X under the express entry stream, or any other province(s), in this case, is there a rejection? Or I just have to wait to be nominated? Which could take one year or more. Since the province will nominate me based on my English and/or French score, and the type of occupation the province requires. If I did apply for a nomination, will there be a decision of being rejected? Or will I only wait for an unspecified period of time until I get an invitation? Since my score or occupation became newly required in province X.

kthlnkrby

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Category........
AINP
Hi. I previously read about the provincial nomination program. But there's a certain process or scenario that still remains unknown to me. After applying for a nomination to province X under the express entry stream, or any other province(s), in this case, is there a rejection? Or I just have to wait to be nominated? Which could take one year or more. Since the province will nominate me based on my English and/or French score, and the type of occupation the province requires. If I did apply for a nomination, will there be a decision of being rejected? Or will I only wait for an unspecified period of time until I get an invitation? Since my score or occupation became newly required in province X.
Hello. To answer your query, a provincial nomination is based on many factors. First, if your NOC is included in the in-demand list and if your CRS score meets the criteria (whether you have high English and/or French language score) you would probably receive a Notification of Interest from a specific province (only if you are eligible). Second, yes, there are cases of rejection but what I've seen so far is because profiles got expired before the province could even nominate. If they have detected a misrepresentation, then that's a red flag too.