+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provincial Nomination vs. Canadian Experience Class catagory

billcphx

Apr 9, 2014
Which is faster for getting my permanent resident status: the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or the Canadian Experience Class (CEC)?

I've been working in Canada (Winnipeg) for the past three years. I'm an intra-company transferee from the United States. I recently received a nomination from Manitoba.

When I looked up the average processing times for CIC to process PR visa applications in indicates under the Canada Experience Class category it's 13 months while Provincial Nomination category (submitted through the Los Angeles office) is 31 months.

I thought applications submitted under the Provincial Nomination category were prioritized and processing times were considerably less than another other category ?

Which category would be best (fastest) for me to apply under?

Any information and/or suggestion you could offer would sincerely be appreciated !

magi

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi billcphx

As per current processing time i can say that CEC is much faster than PNP...

I applied for both the programs at the same time and got PR through CEC .

But i see applicant who applied to manitoba processing abit faster than all other PNP but not CEC.

If you are not worried abt money then you can apply for both the programs if you wish.

Magi

billcphx

Apr 9, 2014
Thanks for the reply Magi ..

Won't applying under both the PNP and CEC categories at the same time cause problems and/or delays ?
You obviously had to pay the fees twice ... are you able to get one of them refunded once the application under the other category is processed and approved?

Also how much faster is Manitoba processing compared to the other PNP's?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
CEC is better you can work anywhere in Canada, unlike PNP we can work only in the nominated province for some times.

magi

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
billcphx said:
Thanks for the reply Magi ..

Won't applying under both the PNP and CEC categories at the same time cause problems and/or delays ?
You obviously had to pay the fees twice ... are you able to get one of them refunded once the application under the other category is processed and approved?

Also how much faster is Manitoba processing compared to the other PNP's?
Hi bill

No problems or delay occurs if you apply for both its like 2 different applications in 2 different programs.
Its up to you .....yes if one of the application got approved you will get back the rprf fee for the 2nd application if you already paid ,you wont get the pr fee (processing fee which you pay before applying).

1 to 2 months faster in processing ...

Magi