+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provincial Nomination and NOC Requirements

kvrforum

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Hello,

Provincial Nomination Experience programs usually require you to work a year under a Skill B or A, 0 job, correct?

I got a question regarding this...
I got a job offer in skill B. Its NOC Employment Requirement description says a diploma or bachelor's degree is required.
I don't have a degree in this field however my employer is already satisfied with my skills and he's willing to sponsor me for a work permit.
In this case, should I go with this offer? or should I quit this job even though they want to hire me? They've been advertising for more than a month but they couldn't find any Canadian guy who wants to work for them.

Will I be disqualified for provincial nomination program if I work for an NOC which requires a degree I don't have?
or will CIC refuse to issue a work permit because I don't have a degree for this particular NOC?
NOC offered to me is graphic designer. I've been using graphic design software all my life so I have no problem assisting them for web site design, logo design, advertisement posters, etc.

Rhodiola

Nov 18, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-02-2016
AOR Received.
Sent:March 24, AOR: May 04
as far as I know, degree is not required. Since your employer decided to hire you, you could show them somehow that you have required skills, right? Maybe you have previous experience, or you showed them your portfolio, or whatever. Same thing will work for CIC. Your employer and CIC will contact each other and your employer is going to explain why they think YOU are the right candidate

there is degree mentioned in NOC description just to clarify that this occupation usually requires higher education to get all the skills and knowledge needed to perform the job