Province/Universiity Comparism

OyBosEnEmm

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
Hi gurus,

Got admission from 2 provinces..Manitoba and Saskatchewan, University of Manitoba and University of Regina. Which is the best Province/University out of these 2 great provinces.

Thanks.

OyBosEnEmm

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
Thanks for your response.

However, leave me out of this now. Am interested in what you all have to write based on your enormous experience then I take a decision.

Thanks

RAZU

Apr 26, 2015
Hi
congrats first of all,
I would go for uni of manitoba compared to uni of regina.

willxclusive

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
I think the question is not just about which University is better, Is more about province/employment and settlement prospects after graduation.

A lot of people are still biased about which university is more reputable bla bla... for me, I would rather consider, country, province and jobs/settlement opportunities after graduation.

No doubt, Alberta, seems to be flourishing with reputable universities and jobs opportunities, but getting PR now is more competitive and difficult.

RAZU

Apr 26, 2015
@willxclusive

Most of them here knows that job prospects after graduation is better in alberta but our friend is asking to choose best one out of uni of regina and uni of manitoba,none of these uni s are in alberta you know that.
Uni reputation matters allot, if you are biased just for job/settling after the graduation please come out of that because you need a better uni certificates which gives a bit more advantage in getting a good job
.you always get better exposure n experience especially if you are intending to masters or doctoral studies in reputed universities.
for example uni of windsor grades r degree certificate not equal to other uni in canada.

I m not arguing with anyone but uni reputation matters.and it was just my personal opinion uni of manitoba ahead of uni of regina, at the end of the day decision is left our friend he is going to choose.

willxclusive

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
RAZU said:
@ willxclusive

Most of them here knows that job prospects after graduation is better in alberta but our friend is asking to choose best one out of uni of regina and uni of manitoba,none of these uni s are in alberta you know that.
Uni reputation matters allot, if you are biased just for job/settling after the graduation please come out of that because you need a better uni certificates which gives a bit more advantage in getting a good job
.you always get better exposure n experience especially if you are intending to masters or doctoral studies in reputed universities.
for example uni of windsor grades r degree certificate not equal to other uni in canada.

I m not arguing with anyone but uni reputation matters.and it was just my personal opinion uni of manitoba ahead of uni of regina, at the end of the day decision is left our friend he is going to choose.
@ Razu,
Like i said, what matterS is where one plans to settle and thats the fact. No matter how reputable is Unimanitoba, Sask province wont give you preference over someone who graduated from U of R so I believe in all provinces. They will always consider graduate of their local universities before graduate of other provinces both for employment and provincial nominee.

But if you wanna study in Canada with the hope of returning back to your home country or other part of the world for employment, then, I will recommend you study in University of Toronto, Mcgill in Quebec or better still, go to oxford university in the UK or Harvard in the US. :)

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OyBosEnEmm said:
Hi gurus,

Got admission from 2 provinces..Manitoba and Saskatchewan, University of Manitoba and University of Regina. Which is the best Province/University out of these 2 great provinces.

Thanks.
If you were me, I will choose saskatchewan. They have more jobs. This means, you can earn some money to cover your rental room and food. In winnipeg, it's very difficult to get a job. However, you are rich, you dont need to worry these things. :p

OyBosEnEmm

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
Hello gurus,

Am glad I called on gurus and all came out in their divers experiences which is not only good for me but also for those reading on. Thanks to you all. You are simply the reason why many get their SP without hassle.

I stand to be corrected here. 98% of everyone in this International Student forum plans settling in Canada. Therefore we should as well pay attention to settling down as an International student. Either Uni of Sask or Uni of Manitoba, am sure they are still better than the best school in my home town and am sure this the case to some of us as well.

Thanks immensely so far and I will appreciate if this topic get more attention and response. Already am beginning to make a decision based on your efforts so far.

Regards.