+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Providing address in different province than Ontario for COPR delivery

hangar1318

Nov 5, 2018
I am working on H1B visa in the US and submitted my application for Canadian PR today. I had gotten an invitation to apply because my score went above 1000 after I got selected by the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program. I don't know anybody in Ontario though. I mentioned this in my application as well. Ontario still approved it. Now when the time comes to provide an address for my PR card, can I provide a British Columbia address? I have a friend in BC who I want it sent to. Or am I restricted to Ontario for delivery of the card as well? Thank you.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I am working on H1B visa in the US and submitted my application for Canadian PR today. I had gotten an invitation to apply because my score went above 1000 after I got selected by the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program. I don't know anybody in Ontario though. I mentioned this in my application as well. Ontario still approved it. Now when the time comes to provide an address for my PR card, can I provide a British Columbia address? I have a friend in BC who I want it sent to. Or am I restricted to Ontario for delivery of the card as well? Thank you.
I wouldn't, bad idea IMHO.

You have applied for a Ontario programme.

The CBSA officer may take a VERY dim view if you give them a BC address for your PR Card.

At best you may 'get away with it.

Or, he / she may refuse to accept that address as you would have to explain it is not your address but that of a friend, but land you anyway (you would have 180 days to tell CIC of your ON address using a specific form for this).

Or, at worst he could refuse to land you, cancel your CoPR and report his suspicions to CIC that you do not plan to settle in your nominated province.

No one can say which might happen, but I for one would not take the risk. Your call of course.

hangar1318

Nov 5, 2018
That makes sense. I was able to get in touch with an old buddy of mine who lives in Toronto and he said I could use his address. Thank you all for your responses.