Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
Hi I got the ITA today and I was filling up my application. My foreign work experience is from Feb 2010 to Aug 2011, but I just noticed that I had wrongly typed in the end year as 'Aug 2013'. Am worried that this could be considered a misrepresentation of information and they could ban me from applying through Express entry for 5years. Should I go ahead apply for PR with proper dates or decline the ITA? Please help.

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh. That is a mis-representation. A big one. Don't go through with this one.

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
Just for the record, I do have 1.5 yrs of Canadian Work experience if that helps...

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kumarp said:
Just for the record, I do have 1.5 yrs of Canadian Work experience if that helps...
Your profile still remains in the wrong, despite this information. I would not be comfortable going through with this ITA.

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
decline ITA. youll get in anyways

Waleed Mostafa

Feb 18, 2013
I have a similar issue that I have discovered by luck today.
My IELTS writing score 7.5 . In the submitted application before receiving ITA it is 8.5 I can't figure out how I did such a mistake ???
knowing that my real score receive full point as it is equivalent to CLB 10 . I don't know what to do . please help guys .
knowing that this IELTS has expired 6 days after receiving ITA so I retake the IELTS . and I will submit my new IELTS result which is 7 for the new test . although my CR has declined due to decrease in IELTS bands but it is still higher than the lowest in my draw . PLEASE ADVICE ME WHAT TO DO ABOUT THAT ??

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Waleed Mostafa said:
I have a similar issue that I have discovered by luck today.
My IELTS writing score 7.5 . In the submitted application before receiving ITA it is 8.5 I can't figure out how I did such a mistake ???
knowing that my real score receive full point as it is equivalent to CLB 10 . I don't know what to do . please help guys .
knowing that this IELTS has expired 6 days after receiving ITA so I retake the IELTS . and I will submit my new IELTS result which is 7 for the new test . although my CR has declined due to decrease in IELTS bands but it is still higher than the lowest in my draw . PLEASE ADVICE ME WHAT TO DO ABOUT THAT ??
If your new IELTS gives you points equal or more than the min. points for 7th draw then go ahead with that. If your total score falls down and less than the min. points for ITA then you should decline the ITA.

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
I have just declined the ITA and re-entered the pool with proper information this time. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Kumarp said:
I have just declined the ITA and re-entered the pool with proper information this time. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Before declining you should have checked if your score would drop but not less than the min. points for today's draw then you could rectify this but if
the dropped score was less then the min. points then you would decline it.
Did you calculate how much points you get after modification?

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
se7en said:
Before declining you should have checked if your score would drop
Don't pull this trick at all. If something is false in your profile, decline it. Points do not matter; facts in the profile do. Submit a new profile.

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
se7en said:
Before declining you should have checked if your score would drop but not less than the min. points for today's draw then you could rectify this but if
the dropped score was less then the min. points then you would decline it.
Did you calculate how much points you get after modification?
You are right, but a mis-representation is always a mis-representation. And I guess we shouldn't be playing around with it. If I had given less number of years experience I wouldn't have bothered, but what I have done is added up 2 extra years of experience which is unacceptable, I guess.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kumarp said:
You are right, but a mis-representation is always a mis-representation. And I guess we shouldn't be playing around with it. If I had given less number of years experience I wouldn't have bothered, but what I have done is added up 2 extra years of experience which is unacceptable, I guess.

You are right...

Waleed Mostafa

Feb 18, 2013
I have asked my immigration consultant about my problem and he says we can explain that in the letter of explanation that it was a mistyping error .
what do you think guys ??

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is what I stated in the thread below last Thursday

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/an-oversight-t279058.0.html;msg4205689#msg4205689

Please find time to check your profiles on Thursdays to be sure you don't make avoidable mistakes, it is better to be safe than sorry

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Waleed Mostafa said:
I have asked my immigration consultant about my problem and he says we can explain that in the letter of explanation that it was a mistyping error .
what do you think guys ??
It really depends how comfortable you are with risk. Worst case scenario you might be given a misrepresentation finding and a 5 year ban from Canada. If you are OK with the risk that this may happen - then go ahead as your consultant has suggested. If not, then decline the ITA.