+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protest outside Canadian embassy Islamabad

kanayda

Nov 14, 2012
Starting from 21 May 2013. Please join to become a force and have one voice. Otherwise no one will help you. Let's attract media attention.

niana.j

May 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we need to bring it to the media..the media doesnt have a clue what is going on..

kanayda said:
Starting from 21 May 2013. Please join to become a force and have one voice. Otherwise no one will help you. Let's attract media attention.

CIC-FCRU

May 18, 2013
what are you protesting for? denied visa? because you just use marriage for convenience to come to canada.....

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
@ kanayda
I dont think its easy to get anywhere inside a 1km radius of any embassy in Islamabad. Plus with already so many protests going in the country, this one won't mean a thing.

@ niana.j
I hope you don't mean local media.. Cuz they have enough work counting dead bodies.

@ CIC-FCRU
hmm.. you are either ignorant or pompous or both. fraud counts are WAY higher in India & China and yet their timelines are just a third of Pakistan's. not everyone's marriage is one of convenience, and keeping couples apart for 2 to 3 years is inhumane.

CIC-FCRU

May 18, 2013
syedgj said:
@ CIC-FCRU
hmm.. you are either ignorant or pompous or both. fraud counts are WAY higher in India & China and yet their timelines are just a third of Pakistan's. not everyone's marriage is one of convenience, and keeping couples apart for 2 to 3 years is inhumane.
yes you are right that not everyone's marriage is for convenience,..
CANADA is not forcing anyone to come here, if you don't like our system, stay in your country or move to other country.

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
CIC-FCRU said:
CANADA is not forcing anyone to come here, if you don't like our system, stay in your country or move to other country.
You are absolutely right, Canada is not forcing anyone. But this isn't one of those visit, student or skilled worker visas.. these are cases where one of the married couple is Canadian. And this Canadian has the right to marry whomever he/she wants to and have this spouse come and live in Canada. It's something that naturally makes sense. This right is not even open to debate.

The problem here is that Pakistan is singled out and given an official timeline of 29 months (and increasing with every quarter), while countries with similar demographics and worse statistical history get a relatively easy ride at 10 or so months. And there is no official logic nor justification provided. (again, you can't say fraud because there are relatively lesser counts of fraud)

CIC-FCRU

May 18, 2013
that is how the respective government to government agreement. and it is stated in the site to let every applicant know how long they would wait.
and yes, every canadian has the right whomever he/she wants as a spouse. but before you even enter to that relationship, every canadian should know how and what is the process of bringing his/her spouse to CANADA or its the other way around, canadian will settle down with their spouse's country.

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
CIC-FCRU said:
that is how the respective government to government agreement. and it is stated in the site to let every applicant know how long they would wait.
and yes, every canadian has the right whomever he/she wants as a spouse. but before you even enter to that relationship, every canadian should know how and what is the process of bringing his/her spouse to CANADA or its the other way around, canadian will settle down with their spouse's country.
Lets just leave it at that :)

I know exactly where you're coming from. I hope this doesn't sound spiteful (I'm not into flame wars) but you or anyone not going through this will never understand what its like for some of us, because they are not experiencing this in first-person. Which is exactly why I was telling the original poster to not bother protesting. Not enough empathy around for this problem of ours.

Peace!

CIC-FCRU

May 18, 2013
you seem to be one of the few intelligent poster here, just to let you know, even if we argue no one knows who is right.
this is just opinion sharing, that is why this is called forum.

niana.j

May 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am a canadian citizen and the dastardly policies of CIC need to be exposed...now kindly **** off.

CIC-FCRU said:

niana.j

May 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
take your patronizing BS elsewhere...

CIC-FCRU said:
you seem to be one of the few intelligent poster here, just to let you know, even if we argue no one knows who is right.
this is just opinion sharing, that is why this is called forum.

CIC-FCRU

May 18, 2013
i can see how CANADIAN you are as what you've mention CITIZEN :eek:....ahaha you don't want to hear any opinion that is not music to your ears...

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
CIC-FCRU said:
i can see how CANADIAN you are as what you've mention CITIZEN :eek:....ahaha you don't want to hear any opinion that is not music to your ears...
You are hardly CANADIAN yourself. You come into a forum and spout off knowing very little on the subject.