+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protectorate of Emigrants - Pakistan (PGWP)

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Hi there,

I have a PGWP (worker VISA) and I am having my vacations in Pakistan. I heard that people who are on Work Visa are not allowed to return back to Canada without the stamp of Protectorate of Emigrants at the airport. a) Kindly please confirm and if yes how can I get one?

b) I have no idea about it as before this visit I was a student. Is it possible to get at the Airport?

c) If not, how long does the whole process take (I just have the NIC and not NICOP)?

d) If I am staying somewhere other than Canada (on a visit Visa), Do I still have to get the protectorate stamp?

Thanks

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
hello Ayaz,

It is compulsory and its a whole day process. Nicop is compulsory but if you don't have then apply over there and you will get the fee receipt of Nicop which will be enough for applying protector. You can not not apply protector on airport.

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Hello Hopeful,

Many thanks for the clarifications. It gave me some relief that it doesn't take 15-30 days.

I am now checking their website
http://www.beoe.gov.pk/how-to-get-emigrants-protection

and I am confused with the "Insurance Certificate".
5) Do we have to apply for the Insurance Certificate separately from a different insurance company? (Although the fee structure includes insurance premium)?

If you or anyone on this forum can guide me it will be very nice of you.

Thanks

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
ayaz94 said:
6) Also, I don't have a job in Canada, so Do I still need to have a protector on my visa? ::)
yes Bro you need that, I am not sure about the other cities but I am from Karachi and over there You just need to go there then person at the counter will let you know what to do. You will be able to make all that things at Protectorate Building, bank is 1km away from the building and you need to go there and make bank drafts. A lot of people will be on the same boat like you, just follow the steps what they do.

I had the Job so I brought all the documents (offer letter etc) with me because they need it I am not sure about You.

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Hi All,

Since I initiated this topic and courtesy to a few friends who guided me through this process of getting Protector stamp, I would like to share my experience which may be beneficial for others travelling back to Pakistan in future.

I am writing mainly for those who do not have a Job in Canada and who are visiting Pakistan after getting the work Visa from Canada. This one is related to Protectorate of Emigrants office -Karachi. Total fee is Rs 6500/- (2500 and 4000/-)

Docs U need: NICOP, CNIC, Next to Kin CNIC, Visa, Work Permit, Passport, 1 photograph with white background. All these original documents along with 2 set of copies (In case you are employed- you need original employment Letter or original contract (2 copies as well) ).

The important thing is there is a document collection time (9:00 to 11:30 A.M) and then there is a receiving time (3:00 P.M to 4:30 P.M). If you do not get there by this time counter will be closed. There is a photocopy shop inside the Protectorate Office (but there will be a huge line up). And there is another one outside the Protectorate Office just at the start of street.

Procedure:

1) Go to the counter (back side of the office) and give all the mentioned documents along with 2 sets of copies. You can tell them that you don’t have any job (so no worries about it). I remember he directed me towards the photocopy guy for arranging those documents and then return back to the counter.

2) The counter guy will check the docs and the 2nd person sitting next to him, will now issue a bank challan. This bank Challan is for NBP- Shaheed-e-Millat branch (Registration fee Rs 2500/-). Make 2 copies of it (better use outside photocopy shop to avoid rush). Now you need to go to the NBP (google it before going- its just at the corner of service road -left hand side- if you’re coming from Nursery to Baloch Colony bridge). Bank will ask for two copies and the original. It will return you your copy with its stamp (keep it safe).

3) Now you have to go to Habib Bank – Shaheed-e-Millat branch which is located on the other corner (google this as well). Just cross the bridge by walking underneath it. (Again it will be on the left hand side if you’re coming from Nursery to Baloch Colony bridge.) You need to pick bank receipt/form (for Insurance fee) from the bank (counter will be on the right hand side just at the entrance); pick one receipt with an already stamp of HBL State Life Insurance (or something like that). Now you have to go at the back of the bank to collect Welfare Fund Form (Leave first street and go to the second street- there will be two photocopy shops- ask any of them and they will provide you). Fill the two forms and go the bank. Counter window for Protector welfare and insurance fee (Rs 4000/-) will be outside just adjacent to the main entrance. You can also ask the guard for guidance. (Hectic part is over now :D )

4) Come back to the Protectorate Office, go to the photocopy guy at the back. He will ask for all photocopy sets and originals. He will also fill up a few forms on your behalf. He will ask you to submit a set of it at the Insurance office of Protectorate (office just in front of him). Submit those, wait outside until they call you to handover the original State Life Insurance receipt. Bring it back to Photocopy guy. He will fill a few more forms and will ask you a few questions (next to kin whom u nominate, his/her NIC photocopy, where did U get the visa, passport, work permit, working or on search, exact fee you submit for NICOP and what date). Sign the forms and he will charge you Rs 150/-.

5) Now submit it back to the window counter (usually it gets closed by 11:30 A.M but since you already have done the bank fees they will ask to submit it inside one of the office in case if you go beyond 11:30 A.M (max 1:30 P.M)). Before the final submission, if everything is fine, they will ask you to get it signed by Director of Protectorate office (on the front side). Submit the form back to the same guy and he will ask you to come at 3:00 PM for collection.

(Frustrating part is to wait till 3 P.M. Try to get your work done as early as possible if you wanna come back home, or as late as possible if you wanna wait there – to kill the time ;) )

6) For Collection, go to upstairs- there is a waiting room there. At 3:00 P.M one of the guy will come up and call your name. Collect it and run back home as quickly as possible :p .

Reactions: MWH and geeti4546

ottawaaloo

Jan 2, 2018
Hello Ayaz,

I am in a similar situation. Do people with an existing job need a stamp from the Protectorate of Emigrants?

Unfortunately I cannot find any source detailing the rules.

Many thanks!

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Hello Ayaz,

I am in a similar situation. Do people with an existing job need a stamp from the Protectorate of Emigrants?

Unfortunately I cannot find any source detailing the rules.

Many thanks!

Sorry for the late reply (you can quote me so I can get the notification next time)
Although its too late, but if you have a job (I would say a professional one) then you will need to bring your copy of contract. Otherwise just mention them that you don't have one and you are still searching.
Basically they want to put Employer name on the protector.

You won't find all these written anywhere because 1) that's Karachi :D and 2) they don't have any webpage.
So, all you are getting is my experience of reading the board out there ;):cool::D

Reactions: MWH

MWH

May 12, 2018
Hi All,

Since I initiated this topic and courtesy to a few friends who guided me through this process of getting Protector stamp, I would like to share my experience which may be beneficial for others travelling back to Pakistan in future.

I am writing mainly for those who do not have a Job in Canada and who are visiting Pakistan after getting the work Visa from Canada. This one is related to Protectorate of Emigrants office -Karachi. Total fee is Rs 6500/- (2500 and 4000/-)

Docs U need: NICOP, CNIC, Next to Kin CNIC, Visa, Work Permit, Passport, 1 photograph with white background. All these original documents along with 2 set of copies (In case you are employed- you need original employment Letter or original contract (2 copies as well) ).

The important thing is there is a document collection time (9:00 to 11:30 A.M) and then there is a receiving time (3:00 P.M to 4:30 P.M). If you do not get there by this time counter will be closed. There is a photocopy shop inside the Protectorate Office (but there will be a huge line up). And there is another one outside the Protectorate Office just at the start of street.

Procedure:

1) Go to the counter (back side of the office) and give all the mentioned documents along with 2 sets of copies. You can tell them that you don’t have any job (so no worries about it). I remember he directed me towards the photocopy guy for arranging those documents and then return back to the counter.

2) The counter guy will check the docs and the 2nd person sitting next to him, will now issue a bank challan. This bank Challan is for NBP- Shaheed-e-Millat branch (Registration fee Rs 2500/-). Make 2 copies of it (better use outside photocopy shop to avoid rush). Now you need to go to the NBP (google it before going- its just at the corner of service road -left hand side- if you’re coming from Nursery to Baloch Colony bridge). Bank will ask for two copies and the original. It will return you your copy with its stamp (keep it safe).

3) Now you have to go to Habib Bank – Shaheed-e-Millat branch which is located on the other corner (google this as well). Just cross the bridge by walking underneath it. (Again it will be on the left hand side if you’re coming from Nursery to Baloch Colony bridge.) You need to pick bank receipt/form (for Insurance fee) from the bank (counter will be on the right hand side just at the entrance); pick one receipt with an already stamp of HBL State Life Insurance (or something like that). Now you have to go at the back of the bank to collect Welfare Fund Form (Leave first street and go to the second street- there will be two photocopy shops- ask any of them and they will provide you). Fill the two forms and go the bank. Counter window for Protector welfare and insurance fee (Rs 4000/-) will be outside just adjacent to the main entrance. You can also ask the guard for guidance. (Hectic part is over now :D )

4) Come back to the Protectorate Office, go to the photocopy guy at the back. He will ask for all photocopy sets and originals. He will also fill up a few forms on your behalf. He will ask you to submit a set of it at the Insurance office of Protectorate (office just in front of him). Submit those, wait outside until they call you to handover the original State Life Insurance receipt. Bring it back to Photocopy guy. He will fill a few more forms and will ask you a few questions (next to kin whom u nominate, his/her NIC photocopy, where did U get the visa, passport, work permit, working or on search, exact fee you submit for NICOP and what date). Sign the forms and he will charge you Rs 150/-.

5) Now submit it back to the window counter (usually it gets closed by 11:30 A.M but since you already have done the bank fees they will ask to submit it inside one of the office in case if you go beyond 11:30 A.M (max 1:30 P.M)). Before the final submission, if everything is fine, they will ask you to get it signed by Director of Protectorate office (on the front side). Submit the form back to the same guy and he will ask you to come at 3:00 PM for collection.

(Frustrating part is to wait till 3 P.M. Try to get your work done as early as possible if you wanna come back home, or as late as possible if you wanna wait there – to kill the time ;) )

6) For Collection, go to upstairs- there is a waiting room there. At 3:00 P.M one of the guy will come up and call your name. Collect it and run back home as quickly as possible :p .
Can you please guide the process for spouse open work permit?
Got the visa but have no job.. so I need to show my husband 's job offer letter, am I right?
What other documents are needed? Please clarify.
Thanks in advance.

MWH

May 12, 2018
Hi All,

Procedure:

Hello,
Can we take help from an agent over there?

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Can you please guide the process for spouse open work permit?
Got the visa but have no job.. so I need to show my husband 's job offer letter, am I right?
What other documents are needed? Please clarify.
Thanks in advance.
Hi There,
I am not sure about the protectorate for SOWP. But I assume you would need it.
For the specific documents, i think it would be the same set as mentioned above. if you dont have the Job just mention it.
You may need your Husband's WP,NIC, Job letter (the person sitting on the first window will help you clarify on this) but thats what I think.
Sorry I haven't been through this SOWP and its protectorate process so I don't have confirmed information.

What I know is that if you are dependent on your husband then you dont need a protectorate. However, since yours is now OPEN work permit (meaning you can start the job without being bounded) my guess is you would need it (or at least I wont take the risk of going to the airport without it).

There wont be any different fee structure (other than they may have increased the amount mentioned above).

By Agent, if you mean clarifications, the first window person will help you clarify on the documents. If you mean other kind of help :D then that's what Photocopy person (along with his assistant) is doing. For Bank working all the drivers outside would ask you if you need their services. They will help you do the bank process.
I haven't found one point of contact agent service over there. But may be someone can shed more lights on it.

dawsontahir

Dec 13, 2020
Hi @ayaz94

I'll be going through the same process as I was a student in Canada and am now a worker there and visiting Pakistan.

Did you need a Medical Fitness Certificate and/or a Police Certificate for this process? Also, did you have to apply for NICORP separately or were you able to get this done at the same place as well?

Thanks for your help!

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Hi @ayaz94

I'll be going through the same process as I was a student in Canada and am now a worker there and visiting Pakistan.

Did you need a Medical Fitness Certificate and/or a Police Certificate for this process? Also, did you have to apply for NICORP separately or were you able to get this done at the same place as well?

Thanks for your help!
No medical or Police Certificate was required for it.
Applying for NICOP is a totally different (separate) process. I think you can do it online now. However, either you have to bring copies of NICOP or the receipt of NICOP application submission.