+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protective person spouse

Kloe6766

Dec 7, 2021
Hi,

I'm a protective person still waiting on my PR decision. My spouse was recently added to my Pr application, no response as yet. I'm about to renew my work permit and wanted to know if my spouse will be qualify for an open permit under my status?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I'm a protective person still waiting on my PR decision. My spouse was recently added to my Pr application, no response as yet. I'm about to renew my work permit and wanted to know if my spouse will be qualify for an open permit under my status?
No they don’t.

Jul 23, 2022
your spouse is not associate claimant in your claim, neither has protected status. she is not eligible for open work permit
Yes , but if spouse is being added to PR application under spouse public policy .she is able to get it status on behalf of his husband.?????or this public policy apply to everyone except refugee . Please explain anyone.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Basic one, when someone get married ,, then he or she able to get status on behalf of their spouse.
This is also in IRPR section 124(b)

please guide me if we can.
I am also confused
thanks
There is no such a thing as “Basic One” or “Spouse Public Policy” as you mentioned. The section you mentioned is for “Family Class” specific to spousal sponsorship applications and it details who is sponsor and spouse by law. You belong to In Canada Protected Stream, there’s no requirement to give work permit to added family member on pr application…unless your spouse has protected status