+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected person

Blondezzz

Feb 26, 2016
Hi I am a bit confused there my situation my husband and I file for refugee together same case he was approved and I was not so went he apply for his pr card I was added to his application we were marry with kids I want to know am i considered a protected person also am i ban from my Country also my husband and i are no longer together

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would recommend you post your question to the Refugee & Asylum section of the forum.

Jul 23, 2022
Hi I am a bit confused there my situation my husband and I file for refugee together same case he was approved and I was not so went he apply for his pr card I was added to his application we were marry with kids I want to know am i considered a protected person also am i ban from my Country also my husband and i are no longer together

Blondezz, may I ask if you did get any response for this question if yes please share with me your experience. Are you also banned from your country or you can go there any time you want? Another question are you eligible to get a travel document? Or not. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Blondezz, may I ask if you did get any response for this question if yes please share with me your experience. Are you also banned from your country or you can go there any time you want? Another question are you eligible to get a travel document? Or not. Thanks
The wife would not be considered a protected person in this case and could visit their home country before receiving citizenship.v the husband could not visit his home country or renew or use his home country passport. The wife would not qualify for an RTD as they are not a protected person. She would use her home country passport.