+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected Person Study Permit zOff Campus Work?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I dont have one but im wondering from anyone who has got one as a protected person: does it allow you to work off campus?
You will not know until you get the permit. It will tell you whether you can or not. Some people, whose permit state that you can’t work off campus or at all, have to amend their permits

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
It is 20 hours off campus.
Poster is a protected person with Work Permit…. With his WP, Poster is allowed to work 40hrs even if he/she has SP…. There’s no limitation provided his WP is valid during period of studies, and SP application wont invalidate WP

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Poster is a protected person with Work Permit…. With his WP, Poster is allowed to work 40hrs even if he/she has SP…. There’s no limitation provided his WP is valid during period of studies, and SP application wont invalidate WP
Looking at OP’s past posts, work permit expired and person wants to return home.

Reactions: Simba112

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
I'm a protected person. I got my study permit before my positive IRB decision and it's still valid. It clearly indicates you can work off campus but you have to follow certain regulations though.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
OP never applied for a WP based on previous posts so only has protected status and a study permit so that’s why I said 20 hours.

OP do you have a WP?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
OP never applied for a WP based on previous posts so only has protected status and a study permit so that’s why I said 20 hours.

OP do you have a WP?
You dont apply, you just tick on refugee application form and in most case IRB Officer ticks for you. you only make fresh application to extend....I assume OP has WP issued after eligibility interview.

HeDidit

Sep 10, 2022
As a protected person and with a SP, you can work unlimited as long as the WP received after eligibility interview is still valid. You only seek to renew when expired, at that time, it is now at the discretion of the officer to extend or decline, but more often than none, it is mostly renewed, except in situations where you are provided with fundings for your schooling and other upkeep allowances.