+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected Person - PR Application - Discrepancy in Name

mafghan

Oct 24, 2022
Hi,

I'm in the process of applying for a PR as a Protected Person (In Canada - Protected Person ) but am facing an issue due to inconsistencies in my name across documents.

On my passport, only my surname is listed without a given (or first) name. This discrepancy was noted in my Basis of Claim (BOC) form.

Important: My Notice of Decision (NOD) correctly includes my full name.

The PR application instructions clearly states, "Enter the full name exactly as shown on the passport or travel document"

I prefer to use the name as per NOD (which is my correct name).

I'm seeking advice on the correct approach to ensure my PR application proceeds without any issues or delays. Would it be advisable to undergo a legal name change to align my documents before applying for PR, or can I proceed with the name as it appears on my NOD without complications?

Any one with similar experience?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi,

I'm in the process of applying for a PR as a Protected Person (In Canada - Protected Person ) but am facing an issue due to inconsistencies in my name across documents.

On my passport, only my surname is listed without a given (or first) name. This discrepancy was noted in my Basis of Claim (BOC) form.

Important: My Notice of Decision (NOD) correctly includes my full name.

The PR application instructions clearly states, "Enter the full name exactly as shown on the passport or travel document"

I prefer to use the name as per NOD (which is my correct name).

I'm seeking advice on the correct approach to ensure my PR application proceeds without any issues or delays. Would it be advisable to undergo a legal name change to align my documents before applying for PR, or can I proceed with the name as it appears on my NOD without complications?

Any one with similar experience?
You can legally change your name and include legal document when you apply.