+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected Person permanent resident application

avaliciously

Aug 23, 2013
Greetings

What advice can I possibly get on my application for permanent resident inside Canada?

Current situation: I am a permanent resident applicant as a protected person from since 2009.I applied for PR in 2010.However, I got married in Dec 2011 and added my husband as a dependent to my permanent resident application in Jan 2012, from which we now have 2 children together.
The last letter was sent to us in Sept 2012 which informed us about the documents they've requested from us,has been received and they will contact us for an interview. At that time,our application was at the local office in Toronto,ie St . Claire's office, sent from the Vigreville Office (Office of origin for my application).Since then,we have not received any information regarding our application. I have checked the online status, and it still has information updated from Sept 2012.I have contacted a representative from CIC office,and they to only have information for Sept 2012.During one of my enquiries, a representative adviced me to call back the center if we have not receive information or instruction from CIC by Nov 6th 2014, and they will take action.Nov 6th 2014,still nothing so I called back and explained what I've been advised previously. This time,I've been told that they cannot do anything; I just have to wait and I cannot contact the local office for enquiries.
I am confused and worried because it has been 5 years since I have applied and almost 3 years since we have last heard from CIC.I did not use a lawyer; we did our application by ourselves.

Is there anything I can do to get updated information on my file?

Please help!!
AVA

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
the CIC call center guy wont be able to help you much and you may get a different answer everytime you call them. i think your best course of action to know exactly what is going on with your application can be by visiting the MP office and discuss your case with him. as your timeline had passed the normal processing timings so the MP office will be able to get an answer from CIC which may help you.
and one more thing i hope you have also updated your application about your kids and other relevant information.
So take all your documents to your local MP office and discuss your case with him

hope it helps.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kriv said:
the CIC call center guy wont be able to help you much and you may get a different answer everytime you call them. i think your best course of action to know exactly what is going on with your application can be by visiting the MP office and discuss your case with him. as your timeline had passed the normal processing timings so the MP office will be able to get an answer from CIC which may help you.
and one more thing i hope you have also updated your application about your kids and other relevant information.
So take all your documents to your local MP office and discuss your case with him

hope it helps.
In addition to that, I hope you always update CIC of any change in address? Also worth requesting for your gcms notes to know exactly what and where you are on your application: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

encantado

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PTJ said:
Also worth requesting for your gcms notes to know exactly what and where you are on your application: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf
It will certainly will be faster to apply for GCMS notes online:

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

avaliciously

Aug 23, 2013
Special thanks to all who has contributed their advice so far; I really do appreciate your help.

I have informed and updated CIC about all the changes we have gone though so far via telephone, online and mail;all documentation was sent in(including birth of our children).

I wasn't aware of the views given from Kriv and PTJ, but it sure does sound good to me . However,we will take that direction and see where it leads us..

Thanks again guys and keep us in your prayers

Bless!! ☺