+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected person inside Canada pr apply want to include spouse

Emadx

Jun 9, 2023
Yes. We’ll contact you to explain how to apply for family members who

• you included on your own application
  • are living outside Canada
  • haven’t applied for permanent residence yet
If you’re eligible, we’ll process your application and your family’s at the same time.

You need to complete and include the Use of Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 1.48 MB) form with your family’s applications if you want to

• be their main contact
  • submit documents for them
Yess this is exactly our program which is now in 30+ month

Eclipse121

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Really, but i know some people here in canada. 12-13 month received. Maybe it depends on documents submitted... like police clearance etc

Eclipse121

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
I am not getting help from lawyer because he asked huge money. i applying myself and if i confused i always call to ircc for information

Eclipse121

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
if you check for refugee claims it shows 24 month. but i become protected person within 11 months. it totally depends on your required documentation

Emadx

Jun 9, 2023
if you check for refugee claims it shows 24 month. but i become protected person within 11 months. it totally depends on your required documentation
it depends on the date you have submitted. Before it was a year and so you got your pr within year but if someone apply now its a 24 month procedure. But as you said nothing is 100% accurate they can give pr in just few month if they want to.
I found this in ircc website :For OYW program

The principal applicant must be the subject of a sponsorship undertaking, and the officer must be satisfied that there are adequate financial arrangements for resettlement from the sponsor in place – Paragraph R141(1)(d) (only for privately sponsored refugees)
For cases where a dependant was declared but was not included on the undertaking, the ROC-O should request that the dependant be added to the undertaking. If the sponsor refuses to add the dependant or does not meet the criteria outlined in section R154, the application may be refused, under paragraph R141(1)(d), as the principal applicant is not named on an undertaking. No procedural fairness letter (PFL) should be sent to the permanent resident in Canada or principal applicant to find a replacement sponsor. The permanent resident in Canada may still be eligible to sponsor their dependant under the family class.

The last part is the most important one. family class is way better and faster than this OYW the ircc offers us.
please do research about all ways so you wont face problems like our situation.

and finally this situation is for now i dont know maybe in future this oyw programs become faster but since 4 years ago it was always the same way slower way frustrating than family class sponsership. And you cannot even track the process online they will give you just a website
Client application status with a very limited data.
Not like the family class which they have tracker.

also in both ways after you got your application number for spouse try for visitor visa so you can be together instead of waiting for dependent pr visa

Eclipse121

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
yes exactly. application by paper.. it's face these problems.. Online applications process little faster.. and also it depends on individual application... if delayed/.. bring spouse and child with visit visa and apply open work permit for them.

Reactions: Emadx