+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected person inside Canada pr apply want to include spouse

Eclipse121

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Hi,

I'm protect person in Canada and am I have to include my spouse and child when applying for permanent residency. and what forms need to upload for spouse?

It says spouse need to fill out Schedule A but then adds that For refugee claimants in Canada: Only family members included in your application for refugee protection who are with you in Canada must complete this form.

My spouse is not in Canada but want to apply for my spouse at same time!

Emadx

Jun 9, 2023
Ask your lawyer if you can add them later when you have pr already as family sponsership because now it took 50 month for family reunification program. I applied with my wife together as i am now outside canada , she got her pr 2020 but im still waiting and now i check processing time for family reunification which is 50 month! But if you apply for your spouse when you receive your pr it is family sponsership and its based on today timeline only 15 month. + your time of getting pr - usually one year

Eclipse121

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
IRCac suggested must include accompany dependent family members application during Protection person PR application. They will contact you and tell you how to process together foe PR. And it will take upto 15 months, If you add dependent after you get PR, it will take several years. So just apply your dependent family member application during your PR applications

Emadx

Jun 9, 2023
We added me as spouse dependent of protected person during the pr process of main applicant so we applied for pr together . She got her pr in 2020 and i am still waiting. This process according to ircc website is now a 50 months processing time. (Dependent of protected person).
the 15 month processing time is for when you already have pr in your hand and apply as sponsor for your spouse to come to canada.

Emadx

Jun 9, 2023
But the thing is you must add him/her in your application .This is one way ticket unfortunately.
Im just saying ask your lawyer if there is a way to make process faster.

Eclipse121

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
I don't know details, but i saw protected person dependent family getting their pr within 1 year , During applying they call ircc helpline and they asked them to request send their dependent pr application file their home country where they live, Its called express pilot program. Also if they want they can bring them with visitors visa . 30 days take for this, This is new program started from last week

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCac suggested must include accompany dependent family members application during Protection person PR application. They will contact you and tell you how to process together foe PR. And it will take upto 15 months, If you add dependent after you get PR, it will take several years. So just apply your dependent family member application during your PR applications
Unless things are different for protected persons, NOT including a spouse or dependent now means that you can NEVER sponsor them! Make sure to find out ASAP!

Eclipse121

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
If your dependent are wife and daughter, they put it into express pilot program, Because wife and child are dependent with main applicant, I don't know about if husband is a dependent , Your wife must call ircc from within canada to request for express pilot program

Eclipse121

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Unless things are different for protected persons, NOT including a spouse or dependent now means that you can NEVER sponsor them!
They can sponsor but 1 year window program. if they mention later they will process dependent applications in main applicant form.

Eclipse121

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Ask your lawyer if you can add them later when you have pr already as family sponsership because now it took 50 month for family reunification program. I applied with my wife together as i am now outside canada , she got her pr 2020 but im still waiting and now i check processing time for family reunification which is 50 month! But if you apply for your spouse when you receive your pr it is family sponsership and its based on today timeline only 15 month. + your time of getting pr - usually one year
Express pilot program they start together pr application

Emadx

Jun 9, 2023
If your dependent are wife and daughter, they put it into express pilot program, Because wife and child are dependent with main applicant, I don't know about if husband is a dependent , Your wife must call ircc from within canada to request for express pilot program
They sent my file to my home country right after my wife got her pr as she is main applicant and i am dependent but i have never heard of express pilot program.
Iam in a telegram group with other dependent of protected persons which for them took places 36 , 33 or even 40 month just one of them got pass request after 3 and half year. This is so frustrating

Eclipse121

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
They sent my file to my home country right after my wife got her pr as she is main applicant and i am dependent but i have never heard of express pilot program.
Iam in a telegram group with other dependent of protected persons which for them took places 36 , 33 or even 40 month just one of them got pass request after 3 and half year. This is so frustrating
Yes. We’ll contact you to explain how to apply for family members who

• you included on your own application
  • are living outside Canada
  • haven’t applied for permanent residence yet
If you’re eligible, we’ll process your application and your family’s at the same time.

You need to complete and include the Use of Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 1.48 MB) form with your family’s applications if you want to

• be their main contact
  • submit documents for them

Emadx

Jun 9, 2023
Express pilot program they start together pr application
I think you mean one year windows program.
its a program intended to express pr application of dependent of protected persons but never ever it reached it goals.It intended to be the same as spousal visa but fall behind the backlog
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/refugee-protection/resettlement/dependant/one-year/all.html

Eclipse121

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
They clearly mentioned, they will start processing together at same time if you are eligible and didn't apply pr before