+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected Person- I want to study

coloniaju

Dec 29, 2023
hi guys,
I am a protected person and I have a work visa but I want to study next fall so I will apply for a study permit on may/ June
My work permit is going to expire November 2024.
I want to work part time while I go to uni.
Does it mean I need a work permit + a study permit? I do not see information online.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
hi guys,
I am a protected person and I have a work visa but I want to study next fall so I will apply for a study permit on may/ June
Does it mean I need a work permit + a study permit? I do not see information online.
Better to keep both of them...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi guys,
With a study permit you will be able to work 20 hours. If that is enough hours just apply for a study permit.

hotminaj

Nov 1, 2022
With a study permit you will be able to work 20 hours. If that is enough hours just apply for a study permit.
so if this person gets the study permit which i understand will only allow the person to work for 20 hours; in having the work permit will it cancel out the 20 hours and can the person work more?