+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospects of Interior Designer

pzwidjaja

Dec 16, 2023
Hello everyone,

Currently I am applying for PR earlier this month and my score is 475 through Federal Skilled Worker stream.
With the current trend that the express entry draw keeps on increasing I highly doubt that it will go down to that range in the near future.

So since my background is in interior design / architecture, what do you guys think on the prospect for finding an interior design job in Canada that would give me sponsorship to boost my score ? Or is it even likely to be hired for jobs in interior/architecture department without PR to get permit ?

Or if you have guys any story to share regarding applying for those industry as a foreigner please kindly share.

Thank you so much.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

Currently I am applying for PR earlier this month and my score is 475 through Federal Skilled Worker stream.
With the current trend that the express entry draw keeps on increasing I highly doubt that it will go down to that range in the near future.

So since my background is in interior design / architecture, what do you guys think on the prospect for finding an interior design job in Canada that would give me sponsorship to boost my score ? Or is it even likely to be hired for jobs in interior/architecture department without PR to get permit ?

Or if you have guys any story to share regarding applying for those industry as a foreigner please kindly share.

Thank you so much.
Very low chance. Most interior designers are self employed or on contract with an employer. A job offer doesn’t boost your score. Are you an architect or an interior designer?

Yiceorenil

Jul 8, 2021
Exciting journey ahead! With your background, Canada has potential gigs. Networking is key – reach out and showcase your skills. Sometimes, jobs might offer sponsorship for the right talent. Also, choose quality paints on this site. Best of luck on your journey!

Last edited: