+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Employer name for BOWP

bolla

Oct 17, 2013
Guys,

Thought it would the right place to post my question.
My current WP will expire on Jan 2015 and it is time for applying for BOWP. I got my AOR also.
My Employer is ready to give me an offer letter in another branch of my company which is in a different province.

The question is, in the IMM5710, should I mention my employer name in the "prospective employer" under "Details of Intended work
in Canada" section? Or is it going to be a problem (like employer need to get a new LMO) if I mention it?

Please suggest.

Thanks
Bolla

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
bolla said:
Guys,

My current WP will expire on Jan 2015 and it is time for applying for BOWP. I got my AOR also.
My Employer is ready to give me an offer letter in another branch of my company which is in a different province.

The question is, in the IMM5710, should I mention my employer name in the "prospective employer" under "Details of Intended work
in Canada" section? Or is it going to be a problem (like employer need to get a new LMO) if I mention it?

Please suggest.

Thanks
Bolla
Do not mention employer. Leave it all blank.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
bolla said:
Guys,

Please suggest.

Thanks
Bolla
Boss it is open work permit . don't mention any thing

bolla

Oct 17, 2013
Thanks for the response.

Then what should be selected for this question
question: I am applying for one or more of the following( check boxes given below) :
1. A work permit with the same employer
2. An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
3. Restoration of your status as a worker
4. Temporary Resident Permit

Please help.

Thanks

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
Anyone know about this? Did you provide current employer information under that section?

Will this confuse VO and lead to BOWP rejection? Thanks

sonnenstern

Star Member
May 22, 2014
You should choose: An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer.

Do not fill your current employer information into that field. The BOWP is a new kind of permit that you are applying for, as you are switching from a closed one to a BOWP.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Seriously - you can TELL THE TRUTH and still get a BOWP. If it is for the same employer, you can say so and provide details. It has no impact whatsoever on your eligibility for a BOWP.

The critical things are:
1) You are applying for an OPEN work permit
2) You include a copy of the AOR.