+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospect of a Secondary School Teacher with 461 points (as per CRS calculator)

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Hi everyone,

My wife is a Secondary School Teacher in English and has an IELTS score of 7.5 (7 & above in each band with 8.5 in Listening). She has an experience of 4+ years post her Bachelor of Education (BEd) course and overall 6+ years experience post her Master of Arts (MA) degree,all from reputed Indian universities.

I have an experience of 10+ years in Supply Chain /Purchasing & related fields. My IELTS score avg score is 7.5 (with 7& above in each band).

Using the CRS calculator as given in the Canadavisa website,we found that my wife is scoring 461 points ,while my score is 391.

While I understand that she would be a better candidate at this point of time,to apply on Express Entry,I also have the following queries:-

1) With 461 or points somewhere close to it,what are the chances of a Secondary School Teacher from India,to get selected on Express Entry?

2) If my wife get ITA after getting selected from the pool,what would be her chances of getting the Visa considering her credentials as a School Teacher from India? Like in Australia,does Canada also have any special requirement for being selected as a Secondary School Teacher (as in case of number of days of supervised teaching and all)?

3) Can both us create our respective profiles with spouse details,at the same time and wait for the draw?

4) What are my chances of getting a call with 391 score? Can the scores go down to that level by the end of this year or beginning of next year?

Kindly advise. We need some valuable insight before we really take the plunge and start the process....

Regards,

Sourav

INDIA

Reactions: Sandhusarwar

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) Probably high
2) There are no special requirements
3) Yes
4) I don't think it will happen this year. Impossible to say about next year.

If your wife plans on continuing to teach in Canada - hopefully she has already researched what it will take to get her credentials here recognized to enter the teaching profession. Even if she does get her credentials recognized, she should be aware that it will likely be extremely difficult for her to find a job as a Secondary School teacher. There are too many teachers in Canada and not enough teaching jobs.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
info4sourav said:
Hi everyone,

My wife is a Secondary School Teacher in English and has an IELTS score of 7.5 (7 & above in each band with 8.5 in Listening). She has an experience of 4+ years post her Bachelor of Education (BEd) course and overall 6+ years experience post her Master of Arts (MA) degree,all from reputed Indian universities.

I have an experience of 10+ years in Supply Chain /Purchasing & related fields. My IELTS score avg score is 7.5 (with 7& above in each band).

Using the CRS calculator as given in the Canadavisa website,we found that my wife is scoring 461 points ,while my score is 391.

While I understand that she would be a better candidate at this point of time,to apply on Express Entry,I also have the following queries:-

1) With 461 or points somewhere close to it,what are the chances of a Secondary School Teacher from India,to get selected on Express Entry?

2) If my wife get ITA after getting selected from the pool,what would be her chances of getting the Visa considering her credentials as a School Teacher from India? Like in Australia,does Canada also have any special requirement for being selected as a Secondary School Teacher (as in case of number of days of supervised teaching and all)?

3) Can both us create our respective profiles with spouse details,at the same time and wait for the draw?

4) What are my chances of getting a call with 391 score? Can the scores go down to that level by the end of this year or beginning of next year?

Kindly advise. We need some valuable insight before we really take the plunge and start the process....

Regards,

Sourav

INDIA
You can both create your profiles independently, but you have a much better chance of being selected through your wife's profile. EE chooses for your score, not your profession, and you do not have to have jobs lined up for when you arrive in Canada - just the money to support yourselves while you look. That said, although your wife's profile is more likely to get you here, you are probably more likely to find a job in your field first. Your wife can research what it will take to convert her teaching degrees to a Canadian certificate (that part is not actually all that difficult) and then look for a job. If you are in one of the big cities or more popular provinces, a teaching job may be difficult to find, but your wife would also be free to take work outside her profession until she found a way in. In the less popular provinces and small towns, teaching jobs might be easier to find.

I think you might have to decide whether it is more important for you to start new lives in Canada, or to continue gaining experience in your chosen professions where you are.

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Thanks a lot Scylla and Dobes.

My wife & I,have decided to create profiles separately on Express Entry with respective details of spouses in each case,in order to gain additional points.
To start with, we will apply to WES for assessment of our Educational Credentials. If everything goes well and my wife get an ITA,then she would get an experience/reference letter from her school mentioning her job roles & responsibilities (in line with NOC description). Hope that this would suffice the need.

Will keep you posted.

Regards

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
info4sourav said:
Thanks a lot Scylla and Dobes.

My wife & I,have decided to create profiles separately on Express Entry with respective details of spouses in each case,in order to gain additional points.
To start with, we will apply to WES for assessment of our Educational Credentials. If everything goes well and my wife get an ITA,then she would get an experience/reference letter from her school mentioning her job roles & responsibilities (in line with NOC description). Hope that this would suffice the need.

Will keep you posted.

Regards
hi info4saorav,
I read your first post in this thread and that your wife score is higher than yours and that your wife has completed BEd and then MA.

Also, you mentioned that your ECA is still to be done..

I will advice you to do a provisional ECA first on the wes website.. it is completely free and no registration is required.
You will get a clear idea of what will be the education evaluation of yours and your wife's education comparative to canadian degrees.

Here you cancheck your provisional ECA from WES.
https://www.wes.org/ca/preliminary/poe.asp?

Pls share those results here also, once you do it on wes website.

komal92

Sep 17, 2017
Hi everyone,

Regards,

Sourav

INDIA[/QUOTE
Hello Brother, have you completed your Express entry process?

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
Hi everyone,

Regards,

Sourav

INDIA
Hello .old post but if somehow if u get to see this please share your experiences with pr process with 4031 NOC. thanks

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November