+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pros and cons of applying for permanent residence inside and outside of Canada?

RDyn

Jun 9, 2013
As the title asks, what are the pros and cons of applying for permanent residence inside and outside of Canada? I asked contacted some lawyers, and they won't specifically tell me much.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inland:

Must stay in Canada for the duration of the processing.

Your spouse can get an open work permit after around 6 months processing time if you applied for it and everything goes well.

With implied status, if you applied for an open work permit or extention with your sponsorship package, your spouse can stay with you for the duration.

If an interview is required, there's no open work permit and the application can be delayed by a long time, 1-3 years depending on how busy the visa office is.

No appeal rights if you are denied.

Outland:

Your spouse can be in Canada or outside Canada or going back and forth during the processing time but has to maintain legal status, apply to extend visit status if they want to stay longer etc.

No open work permit.

If you are refused, you can appeal.

The processing times vary by visa office. They can be shorter than inland but may also be longer.

caipsfasttracker

Jun 4, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on a variety of reasons such as information that was provided to the Visa post was not true or missing information that caused doubt via the VO. Maybe ones does not have enough funds to sponsor etc etc. For further information or inquiry I would suggest you get a copy of the CAIPS, FOSS or GCMS file. I am more than happy to help.

RDyn

Jun 9, 2013
Thanks for the reply. Also, do you got a source link/s that tells the pros and cons. Thanks.

Also, what is GCMS file all about compared to FOSS and CAIPS. Thanks.