+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

property as a proof of fund at Buffalo office

omwalmah

Dec 30, 2008
Just wondering guys if Buffalo office accepts property as a proof of fund. I heard that the London office does.
Anybody has any Idea?
best regards

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
what kind of property?

The instruction states
"Indicate the amount (in Canadian dollars) of unencumbered, transferable and available funds that you have. This amount can include the value of any property that you own, but should not include jewellery, cars or other personal assets."

As long as its a property you own its good. (You cannot claim TV,Fridge,Play Station or Jewelry as your property).

omwalmah

Dec 30, 2008
Thanks for your quick
what I meant by property is a piece of land I bought to build house on it. That's why i don't have enough liquid fund now for the initial application.

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
valuate the land and convert into CAD

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

omwalmah said:
Just wondering guys if Buffalo office accepts property as a proof of fund. I heard that the London office does.
Anybody has any Idea?
best regards
No, it doesn't

PMM

omwalmah

Dec 30, 2008
Hi PMM.
What do you mean by it doesn't.Buffalo office itself or using the land value as proof of fund?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

omwalmah said:
Hi PMM.
What do you mean by it doesn't.Buffalo office itself or using the land value as proof of fund?
You can't eat or live on land when you arrive in Canada, you must show the LICO in unencumbered funds before you will be allowed to "land"

PMM

ziaminator

Aug 27, 2009
but PMM,

as mentioned in Country Specific guide: "Indicate the amount (in Canadian dollars) of unencumbered, transferable and available funds that you have. This amount can include the value of any property that you own, but should not include jewellery, cars or other personal assets."

So that means, I think one can include property's value (Or house / apartment value). But i am not sure what are its conditions. Anyone pls guide.

- Should it be on applicant's name ?
- What profs should applicant provide (Eg: registration paper or House, utility bills on applicant name, etc) ?

Pls Advise.

omwalmah

Dec 30, 2008
PMM, you are right in that perspective but I'm talking about the proof of fund needed for the primary application before granting the PR and landing. Of course, one doesn't know if he will be finally approved for PR or not. Later on, before landing, if it happened, we have to show liquid fund proof. At that time, I'll have required liquid fund or I'll sell the property to get it
Am I right?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

omwalmah said:
PMM, you are right in that perspective but I'm talking about the proof of fund needed for the primary application before granting the PR and landing. Of course, one doesn't know if he will be finally approved for PR or not. Later on, before landing, if it happened, we have to show liquid fund proof. At that time, I'll have required liquid fund or I'll sell the property to get it
Am I right?
All I can say is try with Buffalo and see what happens.

PMM