+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proper way to send documents ?

Jorger5

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Hi all,

I´m getting ready to send the requested documents (I'm a QSW Applicant through MPQ on august 16th), I have some simple questions for those who have sent them in the past regarding how to send the documents:

Is there any rule to follow? Should I just put them all in a closed envelope in the same order that they were requested? Where does the fiche d’accompagnement goes, inside or outside the envelope as a cover?

I have not found answers to these questions in the document list, I apologize if this has been already discussed in the past.

Thanks for your time

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Same order as requested.

Cover Letter ( Optional) followed by fiche d’accompagnement followed by documents in same order as requested.

You will use cover letter only if you want to highlight something in application , for ex - Change in Address or Spelling mistakes in Online application.

All documents go inside the envelop.

Last edited:

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
iam also applicant of MPQ on august 16th but i have not received the documents checklist. Can you tell me which country you have applied and are you in Quebec or outside applicant.

Jorger5

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Same order as requested.

Cover Letter ( Optional) followed by fiche d’accompagnement followed by documents in same order as requested.

You will use cover letter only if you want to highlight something in application , for ex - Change in Address or Spelling mistakes in Online application.

All documents go inside the envelop.
Thank you, I actually have to send a Cover Letter to change my Address haha.

What about the envelope itself? Must it be closed with staples? Does it have to have some sort of Identification on the outside?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Thank you, I actually have to send a Cover Letter to change my Address haha.

What about the envelope itself? Must it be closed with staples? Does it have to have some sort of Identification on the outside?
No. Please do not staple envelope. Use glue.
No "file related" identification required outside the envelope.

Also, here is little trick for you. MIDI process to update address is a bit screwed up. You will need to inform them about address change twice. Once with documents and second time again via a separate mail.

I had mentioned new address in cover letter but my CSQ was still sent to old address. When I later spoke to MIDI agent she told me that this happens a lot and better if "Address Update" request is sent separate from "Documents submission" mail. I had read about this issue in this forum before I had submitted my documents but I thought things would be better with MON system but I was proved wrong by MIDI :)

Reactions: Jorger5

Jorger5

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
No. Please do not staple envelope. Use glue.
No "file related" identification required outside the envelope.

Also, here is little trick for you. MIDI process to update address is a bit screwed up. You will need to inform them about address change twice. Once with documents and second time again via a separate mail.

I had mentioned new address in cover letter but my CSQ was still sent to old address. When I later spoke to MIDI agent she told me that this happens a lot and better if "Address Update" request is sent separate from "Documents submission" mail. I had read about this issue in this forum before I had submitted my documents but I thought things would be better with MON system but I was proved wrong by MIDI :)
Oh now that is good info! And this second mail must have also the fiche d’accompagnement?

Jorger5

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
iam also applicant of MPQ on august 16th but i have not received the documents checklist. Can you tell me which country you have applied and are you in Quebec or outside applicant.
Vicky I'm an outland applicant from Venezuela. I read somewhere that Asia and African countries are taking longer...

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
Vicky I'm an outland applicant from Venezuela. I read somewhere that Asia and African countries are taking longer...
Ok thanks a lot for your reply.