+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof

NAT.HAD

Jun 8, 2019
hi all,
What is the best way for me to prove that me and my common law partner have been in a serious long term relationship?
Please keep in mind that as a European I did not have much rights to open up bank accounts or similar matters in Canada as a visitor.

For example: I have flight tickets, gym membership contract in Canada, fed ex package receipts (with our address on it), our cats veterinary passport has both of us listed as owners, I have a prepaid cell phone contract with my name and our address on it ...
Are all these adequate?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi all,
What is the best way for me to prove that me and my common law partner have been in a serious long term relationship?
Please keep in mind that as a European I did not have much rights to open up bank accounts or similar matters in Canada as a visitor.

For example: I have flight tickets, gym membership contract in Canada, fed ex package receipts (with our address on it), our cats veterinary passport has both of us listed as owners, I have a prepaid cell phone contract with my name and our address on it ...
Are all these adequate?
Flight tickets do not prove common law. All they do is prove you traveled here. The veterinary passport really isn't evidence either.

Mail / packages with your name on them sent to the join address are evidence. The cell phone contract can be used as evidence as well. Your partner should put your name on utility bills. Are you renting? Have your name added to the lease.

What you have so far isn't enough to prove common law - you'll need more before you can apply.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
hi all,

Are all these adequate?
This is not true. My dad came to visit for a month and opened a bank account at TD. My friend came on a visitor Visa also and opened a bank account at RBC. I opened a bank account at the age of 14. They didn't allow me to have a credit card because I was under 18 but allowed to have a debit card....easily

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is not true. My dad came to visit for a month and opened a bank account at TD. My friend came on a visitor Visa also and opened a bank account at RBC. I opened a bank account at the age of 14. They didn't allow me to have a credit card because I was under 18 but allowed to have a debit card....easily
Agreed with this. It's quite easy to open a bank account as a visitor. I missed that in my response.

Reactions: malimu