Proof you are recognized as each other's spouse

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I thought about something else might be good to show as important document .
I mailed her a box of personal effects before coming here and I have the UPS paper saying my italian address and the actual canadian address where the box has been sent , plus I have multiple amazon recipts got from my account where there are all the gifts I bought for her.
Is that a good proof? I even have the recipt of both of the wedding rings
Yes, you can show those.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hey Im jumping on this thread instead of creating a new one.

So Im confused about this part too. I have answered YES to all questions except the one about minimum 2 years married as we are married for 13 months. A bit annoying that if we were, we wouldn't have to submit all the additional documents.

So for proof of cohabitation for the question 7 (proof of relationship) I have provided
Cellphone bill (his bill and mine)
Electricity bill (joint)
Joint bank account

Now, for question e) it asks for proof our relationship is recognized. Since we don't have proof of past cohabitation, I have 3 choices. I don't know how to provide proof of shared expenses so I have to provide letters from family and friends as well as important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are both recognized as each other's spouses (employment and insurance benefits).

I don't know how employment is supposed to show that but it doesn't matter since we are both not working. So I have submitted documents from AGF that shows him as beneficiary of my to registered plan. Does this count? Or its not considered an important document because it's not insurance? I'm thinking maybe they consider insurance more important since the amount given to the beneficiary is larger? Anyone can share which documents they provided for this question?

I also may add that even though we had proof of cohabitation, I added emails exchanged when we met 6 years ago, a wedding anniversary card received this year (1st anniv), skype bills showing packages paid for countries he lived in (2016-17), airline ticket bookings, an email sent to a potential wedding videographer. I was thinking to provide a copy of our wedding invitation as well. And we are adding 20 photos of us with family members, travels in different countries, outings etc. I'm not worried at all about the relationship not being recognized but just bugged by the only 2 examples given for documents that prove we are recognized as each other's spouse.

Vendi

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
Have you actually read the checklist? If a couple does not meet the 4 requirements listed in the relationship proof section, there are addiional proofs required. One option is the one quoted by the OP, "Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are each other's spouse". A marriage certificate does NOT qualify as that proof.
Hello hope your fine i have some question. I want to send my application without a amarriage certificate but with a letter of explanation that when i get it i will send it via webform. Do you think my app will be sent back as incomplete
Thank you