+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof to be residing in canada????????????

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Rather than having a job in canada, how can i proof that i reside in canada when it comes to sponsor a spouse. I know thats one of the requirements. Please advise.

TanTan

Feb 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not need to be working to sponsor your spouse.

But if you are a canadian citizen who lives abroad and wants to sponsor their spouse, you will need to show that you intend to live in Canada after your spouse gets the visa, in this case, it is good to show that you have a job offer, or leased a house, as a proof.

But if you are residing in Canada and have PR or Citizenship, you can simply sponsor your spouse.

That is what I know.

Am I right? Any other comments?

nokmdk

Mar 3, 2008
Just to follow up on that question. Will there be a problem if your sponsoring spouse does not go back to Canada with you right away?

I always wonder about this requirement too. It would be more difficult to get a job from outside canada I imagine

Kaonashi

Feb 11, 2008
Osaka, Japan
Nokmdk,
Your sponsor has to be residing in canada at the time you receive you PR.
Even if you get accepted while your sponsor is working in a different country you will have to wait until he goes back to Canada before the immigration officer at the airport can approve of your PR (if I understood the guide right).
I guess you can go in Canada before that as a visitor but you will have to show to the officer that you are planning to go back to your country before getting your PR.
If Im wrong on some points, someone please correct me.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Thanks all to Tan Thaiguy and all the rest it now clear.

One more question. What about proofof funds? A sponsor has to show the funds or the one being sponsored is the one to show bank statement. If so how much?