Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello,

Just received an email back from my benefits provider at my job saying that they cannot issue a letter stating my common law partner is listed under my benefits. What should I do? Should I just include a print out of my online profile showing this? I am very surprised that they can’t just type me the letter anyone ever heard of situations like these and how they are resolved? Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Just received an email back from my benefits provider at my job saying that they cannot issue a letter stating my common law partner is listed under my benefits. What should I do? Should I just include a print out of my online profile showing this? I am very surprised that they can’t just type me the letter anyone ever heard of situations like these and how they are resolved? Thanks.
Sure - you can try printing out the online profile. Not sure if IRCC will accept that but you might as well try.

One piece of missing evidence shouldn't sink your whole application. Presumably you have a number of things that prove you are common law. I wouldn't worry.

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Sure - you can try printing out the online profile. Not sure if IRCC will accept that but you might as well try.

One piece of missing evidence shouldn't sink your whole application. Presumably you have a number of things that prove you are common law. I wouldn't worry.
Yes we have photos etc to fulfill the conjugal section. However the proof of cohabitation seemed to be the most difficult. All we have is bank statements and credit card statements (not joint accounts) tax forms, notarized letters from my girlfriends family/my family attesting to living there. As for government Issued documents I only have old study permits, service Canada sin papers from 2-3 years ago old doctors/vet bills my college transcript has the address on it. However I’m concerned about the government issued documents one. Will they accept service Canada and old IRCC correspondence as proof?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes we have photos etc to fulfill the conjugal section. However the proof of cohabitation seemed to be the most difficult. All we have is bank statements and credit card statements (not joint accounts) tax forms, notarized letters from my girlfriends family/my family attesting to living there. As for government Issued documents I only have old study permits, service Canada sin papers from 2-3 years ago old doctors/vet bills my college transcript has the address on it. However I’m concerned about the government issued documents one. Will they accept service Canada and old IRCC correspondence as proof?
How are you applying for conjugal if you have proof of cohabitation?

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
How are you applying for conjugal if you have proof of cohabitation?
We are applying for common law inland. The proof of conjugal relationship is still on the checklist. It’s the part where you submit photos etc.

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hello,

My insurance didn’t send us a letter either. My partner and I photocopied the insurance cards we received. The cards had our names on them and one said spouse card. I also attached the letter I received about making payments bc it had our address.

SpousAsous

Nov 6, 2019
Just to clarify, they are asking for proof of cohabitation, not conjugal. Those are two different things and there is actually an application class that is specifically for conjugal relationships. You really want to be careful with your wording.

Reactions: JohnCana123