+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof or evidence of my mother name

Jahanara@2018

Aug 21, 2018
Hi,
I applied supervisa for my parents to come visit me in Canada on 01.08.2018, after that i got an email that my father should go for the medical test and for my mother they said they need evidence or proof of her name because her nickname is saya begum and her offical name is Jahanara yesmin, but in my birth certificate as my mother name wrote saya begum. And now the canadian embassy need proof of that if she is the same person. We sent them affidavit and chairman certificate. But still got no answer. Please tell me how will it go further, i mean if she is gonna get an positive or negative answer or any answer at all. We are really worried though.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
I applied supervisa for my parents to come visit me in Canada on 01.08.2018, after that i got an email that my father should go for the medical test and for my mother they said they need evidence or proof of her name because her nickname is saya begum and her offical name is Jahanara yesmin, but in my birth certificate as my mother name wrote saya begum. And now the canadian embassy need proof of that if she is the same person. We sent them affidavit and chairman certificate. But still got no answer. Please tell me how will it go further, i mean if she is gonna get an positive or negative answer or any answer at all. We are really worried though.
It was necessary to state all names (nicknames, aliases, maiden name, etc) in the application form.

Does she have some official proof to confirm her name was changed? Not this recent affidavit.

Basically, for a super visa, you need to prove that she is your mother + both names are the identity of the same person who is your mother

Jahanara@2018

Aug 21, 2018
First of all saya begum is her nickname and for some silly reason i had it in my birth certificate, and we actually have my mother offical name Jahanara Yesmin in all her documents.

There is no proof that she changed it because she never changed her name. I gave her nickname so after apply they saw two different name of my mother. Everyone knows her as saya but officially she is Jahanara. Now if we change my birth data and send them, would it work??!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Now if we change my birth data and send them, would it work??!
One of the key requirements for a super visa is to prove the parent is related to the host. That's why the birth certificate is important.

IMO, you should not attempt to change your birth certificate. That could make it incorrectly seem like a fraudulent document.

Do you have any other documents/records that would establish she is the same person. For example, your school records, your passport (if it states the names of the parents), her marriage certificate, etc?

Jahanara@2018

Aug 21, 2018
Tnx for ur reply.

Actually i already send them my mother marriage certificate, her assets where her name wrote as Jahanara Yesmin and also said she is known as saya begum. Still they had sent us email to send evidence or proof.

However, u said i should send my school certificate or any other proof, in my school certificate i used my mother official name Jahanara Yesmin. In my passport and birth certificate her name is saya begum.
If i send them my school certificate, do u think it will be sufficient and how long we have to wait for a reply.

I appreciate ur help.

Jahanara@2018

Aug 21, 2018
Sorry, i forget to ask..i send the canadian embassy chairman certificate, magistrate certificate from my mother hometown. And the canadian embassy didn’t say clearly if they need the proof related to me, i mean my certificates would be sufficient or not?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
However, u said i should send my school certificate or any other proof, in my school certificate i used my mother official name Jahanara Yesmin. In my passport and birth certificate her name is saya begum.
If i send them my school certificate, do u think it will be sufficient and how long we have to wait for a reply.
IRCC needs proof that will establish/confirm your relationship with your mom. Your school certificate that states her official name will help. You could also include any other similar documents. You can email + send a web form to her local visa office (if you are unable to upload these documents through her online account).

It's not possible to say how long it will take to get a reply.

Sorry, i forget to ask..i send the canadian embassy chairman certificate, magistrate certificate from my mother hometown. And the canadian embassy didn’t say clearly if they need the proof related to me, i mean my certificates would be sufficient or not?
Evidence of the relationship of the parent/grandparent to the Canadian child/grandchild is one of the requirements for a super visa

Jahanara@2018

Aug 21, 2018
Hi Bryanna,
Is it will be ok if I send the canadian embassy an email with my school, college certificates? I even have my photo on certificates. And should i send on the same email in which i send before??!! We can’t go to the embassy because it’s on another country like my mother is in Bangladesh and embassy is in singapore. So...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,
Is it will be ok if I send the canadian embassy an email with my school, college certificates? I even have my photo on certificates. And should i send on the same email in which i send before??!! We can’t go to the embassy because it’s on another country like my mother is in Bangladesh and embassy is in singapore. So...
Do scan/send these additional documents through the IRCC web form + email to the Singapore VO.... along with an explanation

Jahanara@2018

Aug 21, 2018
My mother doesn’t have any UCI number, but my father got one after he received the mail for medical test. So how can I log in to IRCC now?? And I tried to see status update of my parents application but both are error.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My mother doesn’t have any UCI number, but my father got one after he received the mail for medical test. So how can I log in to IRCC now?? And I tried to see status update of my parents application but both are error.
How did you get the request from IRCC for submitting the evidence for her nickname?

You can email the Singapore VO

Jahanara@2018

Aug 21, 2018
I do have their email address but before u said i should also send the documents through IRCC web form!! So my question is now should I send the documents only by email or use the IRCC web form too?

Jahanara@2018

Aug 21, 2018
Do i have to use my mother application no. I mean last time send my mother documents with my father application no. Now im worried with my father application no. and his UCI number they got the mail or not?

Shushmoy Mahid

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hello Experts,
I Have been going a stressful situation regarding mother's name at birth.
I got my COPR, and i will be landing very soon in Toronto.
My question regarding Mother's name ta birth.
Background :
Mother name in my Bangladeshi passport / Certificates / Birth certificate : Ruxana Aziz
My mother name in her ID card/ Passport: Ruxana Ferdous poli.
During PR process, in schedule A, i mentioned my mother name at birth as per her passport.

Now, i can feel that, onward, in everywhere, ( SIN, Canadian passport) , i will be asked to put my mother's name at birth. Then it will be different name in my two passport.

In BD passport : Ruxana Aziz
In Canadian PR Card/ Sin/ Passport : Ruxana Ferdous Poli

Please help somebody, who had gone thru with this situation