+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of work/reference letter from the ex colleague

Aug 19, 2019
Hi,

I am currently in process of submitting reference letter after the ITA. I have only few days left to submit all documents. Since last month I tried to get reference letters from all my 3 experiences, but I got it on company letterhead from only two employers. One employer is India based and I worked there for 2 years in the past. Currently I tried to get it from Manager, HR and one colleague who's working there. None of them are ready to give me reference letters. HR teams says they need approval from a manager. And my manager (who's still working there) is not responding to my emails. So, I am not able to get it from any person.

However, one of my colleague who also left the company more than 3 years back but after me is ready to give reference letter with his details. But as he's not working there, he has given his gmail id on the reference letter. If I get it notarized and submit it with his service letter, my service & relieve letter, would it work? or do I need to take any precautions?

Edit

My main concerns are
1. Would Gmail emailId from ex colleague work?
2. I haven't received any email saying we can't provide you a letter in specific format from HR or manager. In fact, they are not responding.
3. Would the documents listed above suffice?

Last edited:

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Since you don have number 2. it will be real hard to convince officer

Aug 19, 2019
That's why I am worried. I don't know how to convince them. Can I explain the situation in LOE and attach the emails I sent to hr and manager. And also state that I haven't received any response from them.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
At
That's why I am worried. I don't know how to convince them. Can I explain the situation in LOE and attach the emails I sent to hr and manager. And also state that I haven't received any response from them.
Attach the mails you have sent .Sendone more to request .If they are on linkedin or facebook or any other social media platform ,request them there.Even you manager on linkedin.
Request them there also.

All these ,even without any replies ,club together with an explanation that you made efforts but no one is willing to give .

Yes Gmail can work for you if you explain that too.
if he is working in some other company explain that and can give his present company official mail id also .

Everything you are claiming should be evident . Fb screenshots linkedin messages

Aug 19, 2019
At

Attach the mails you have sent .Sendone more to request .If they are on linkedin or facebook or any other social media platform ,request them there.Even you manager on linkedin.
Request them there also.

All these ,even without any replies ,club together with an explanation that you made efforts but no one is willing to give .

Yes Gmail can work for you if you explain that too.
if he is working in some other company explain that and can give his present company official mail id also .

Everything you are claiming should be evident . Fb screenshots linkedin messages
Thank you.

Wedding Crasher

Jan 29, 2018
So basically the lack of communication proof will not convince the officer? I've seen a number of applications here that got approved with only a letter of explanation where the applicant explains that they couldn't secure the duties on letterhead. This is my case, I'll see what happened once I get my GCMS notes.

ash_diaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
So basically the lack of communication proof will not convince the officer? I've seen a number of applications here that got approved with only a letter of explanation where the applicant explains that they couldn't secure the duties on letterhead. This is my case, I'll see what happened once I get my GCMS notes.
hi, what happened to your case ? did you get the PR without any issues ?

Wedding Crasher

Jan 29, 2018
so did you provide a reference letter from an ex colleague ? if you don't mind, can you tell me the documents that you submitted instead of the employer reference letter ?
I provided a generic letter (with company letterhead) from HR for title,working hours, salary, and work duration. I also provided duties letter on white paper from my supervisor and notarized his signature on it and attached his business card. I explained everything in LOE, but couldn't provide proof of HR rejecting to put duties on letterhead, because they answered me verbally.

Blendarinka

Jun 1, 2023
Hi

Can I get proof of work experience from an ex-colleague who is not a manager or was not in a senior role as at the timeI was employed at the company?
My ex-collegue will put the official letterhead in the letter and also their official email address. Is this sufficient for me to submit?
Do I need to notarise the document?
Do I need other supporting documents(which may be difficult to source) to make my application strong?