+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Work in Family

Nikhil1010

Apr 26, 2019
My wife is primary applicant on our EE profile & she has 6+ years experience prior to our marriage working with her father. She is a Chartered Accountant and her dad is Chartered Accountant as well running his own CA practise setup. Since it was a family venture, she wasn't paid any salaries by him.
She has a few cash deposits into her account & bank transfers into her account done by her dad of varied amounts at different time intervals of each accounting year.
She can get reference letters from clients+ 6 years of ITR 1 (Salary & Income from other sources).
My query is should she show herself as EMPLOYED by father (as the cash deposits+ occasional neft transfers of varied amounts into her account were done by her father) OR SELF EMPLOYED with her father.
2) Will Reference Letters of client+ Father+ ITR of 6 years be sufficient or i need to also add proof of income?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

unarmed

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
well, in such case, you must provide income tax return of whatever she earned in her father company along with all documents, and if she took salary/money and did not file income tax returns to government. so ask yourself, how will you see a person who doesnt pay their taxes? Tax invasion a serious crime in Canada.

Nikhil1010

Apr 26, 2019
She has filed Income tax for all 6 years. Is reference letters+ ITR enough? Or proof of income is mandatory? I want to avoid that if possible

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
well, in such case, you must provide income tax return of whatever she earned in her father company along with all documents, and if she took salary/money and did not file income tax returns to government. so ask yourself, how will you see a person who doesnt pay their taxes? Tax invasion a serious crime in Canada.
It’s tax evasion:)

Reactions: unarmed

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My wife is primary applicant on our EE profile & she has 6+ years experience prior to our marriage working with her father. She is a Chartered Accountant and her dad is Chartered Accountant as well running his own CA practise setup. Since it was a family venture, she wasn't paid any salaries by him.
She has a few cash deposits into her account & bank transfers into her account done by her dad of varied amounts at different time intervals of each accounting year.
She can get reference letters from clients+ 6 years of ITR 1 (Salary & Income from other sources).
My query is should she show herself as EMPLOYED by father (as the cash deposits+ occasional neft transfers of varied amounts into her account were done by her father) OR SELF EMPLOYED with her father.
2) Will Reference Letters of client+ Father+ ITR of 6 years be sufficient or i need to also add proof of income?
Thanks in advance
If she was a joint owner in the company she would a business owner so self-employed. If she is working under her dad and doesn’t own the business she is employed by her father. How did she survive without being paid or grow her savings? 6 years is a long period not to get paid. IRCC is wanting to see your personal savings not business accounts.

Nikhil1010

Apr 26, 2019
If she was a joint owner in the company she would a business owner so self-employed. If she is working under hyearx.
ad and doesn’t own the business she is employed by her father. How did she survive without being paid or grow her savings? 6 years is a long period not to get paid. IRCC is wanting to see your personal savings not business accounts.
Please re-read my query post. It does mention "She has a few cash deposits into her account & bank transfers into her account done by her dad of varied amounts at different time intervals of each accounting year"
There were a family living under the same roof where all her needs were taken care of by her father (which os besides the point here for visa but just for your clarification).
Also she had FIXED DEPOSITS amounts during that period.

And she has duly filed taxes for all those years, No evasion whatsoever so please guys try to read my query carefully, need your accurate suggestions.

unarmed

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Please re-read my query post. It does mention "She has a few cash deposits into her account & bank transfers into her account done by her dad of varied amounts at different time intervals of each accounting year"
There were a family living under the same roof where all her needs were taken care of by her father (which os besides the point here for visa but just for your clarification).

And she has duly filed taxes for all those years, No evasion whatsoever so please guys try to read my query carefully, need your accurate suggestions.
How did she filed taxes when she worked for free? You are raising questions for yourself.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

We did read your posts but you are saying she hasn’t been paid a salary but there are transfers into her account. If you are applying as a primary applicant who works full-time you will be expected to show regular salary payments. She is an adult and a married woman, whether she lives with her family or not, she should be able to purchase whatever she chooses with her own money if she is working full-time.