+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of work - FSW

fv-br

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hi guys.

I received my ITA on Jan 10th, 2018.

One of my work experiences is an internship that I did in Brazil. I have a letter (with letterhead and signed by the head of HR) from the company that contains:
- My work load (30 hours/week)
- The duration of the internship (from this day to this day)
- My last salary
- My duties

It's the salary part that I am a bit afraid. In Brazil internships do not give pay slips, because they don't pay taxes. They refused to put my annual salary because in Brazil the salary is calculated as monthly and my salary changed a lot of times during the months that I worked there. Will my last salary be enough combined with the explanation in the LOE of why there is only my last salary?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys.

I received my ITA on Jan 10th, 2018.

One of my work experiences is an internship that I did in Brazil. I have a letter (with letterhead and signed by the head of HR) from the company that contains:
- My work load (30 hours/week)
- The duration of the internship (from this day to this day)
- My last salary
- My duties

It's the salary part that I am a bit afraid. In Brazil internships do not give pay slips, because they don't pay taxes. They refused to put my annual salary because in Brazil the salary is calculated as monthly and my salary changed a lot of times during the months that I worked there. Will my last salary be enough combined with the explanation in the LOE of why there is only my last salary?
You have to put yourself in IRCC's position. By only including your last salary then how can they know that you were actually paid throughout your employment?

Reactions: fv-br

fv-br

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
You have to put yourself in IRCC's position. By only including your last salary then how can they know that you were actually paid throughout your employment?
I can probably ask them to include my first salary as well. Do you think that would be enough?

They just can't include all my salaries. I also have my task return stating that I was paid X amount of money without being an actual employee (tax wise, interns are not subject to the same laws as employees).

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can probably ask them to include my first salary as well. Do you think that would be enough?

They just can't include all my salaries. I also have my task return stating that I was paid X amount of money without being an actual employee (tax wise, interns are not subject to the same laws as employees).
Indeed, if I were in your position I would have them write your first salary AND if possible a line that states that you were paid throughout your employment.

The above would make a much stronger argument to what you currently have.

Reactions: fv-br