+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of work experience

Hassan17

Apr 2, 2019
Hi there

I came to Canada as a student. I worked as a computer technician for one year and a half back in my country. I'm going to create my EE profile by September after I graduate. My study permit application was filled by my lawyer and I don't remember there was a mandatory part about employment history, I also had more than enough funds for college so proof of work was not a concern. My friends told me that I may not be able to add my foreign work experience to my EE because I did not declare that in my study permit and it may result misrepresentation. I have called Mr Cohen, the lawyer who created this forum. He said as long as I have the legit documents to proof my work (letter and company registration in my country ) , we can write a letter to the immigration officer explaining that I wasn't aware of this rule when I applied for my study permit and I should be fine. I was wondering If anyone here had a similar case. Thanks in advance for your help and good luck for all of you here :)

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I'm pretty sure they won't even look at your study permit application so don't event worry about it.

For now worry about being eligible for Fsw since you're not for CEC.

Cheers

Hassan17

Apr 2, 2019
I'm really confused, some lawyers said it may result a misrepresentation and some said it won't.