+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of work experience

josejaram

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I've had a lot of issues with my employers, only one of them issued a decent letter in CIC's format.

The other one issued something with my functions and salary but no hours, not even the contract state the hours, so I decided to remove it from my EE profile....

The last one, issued a terrible certification letter with only the role and dates (I can't remove this experience from EE); So I decided to talk to the Project Manager I worked for and she told me that she will help me, so I sent her a certification format including the dates, hours, functions and told her to print it in the company letterhead paper. Also, I included a paragraph stating that further information please contact her on her phone number or corporate email.

She will print and sign that letter, but I am worried if that would be acceptable for the CIC, finally, all my salaries will be proved with a tax certificate stating every income and the employer since is kind of unusual in my country to print salaries anywhere...

I'm worried about this, any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PaulRich

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
Doc's Request.
15-05-2017
Nomination.....
27-05-2017
josejaram said:
Hello everyone,

I've had a lot of issues with my employers, only one of them issued a decent letter in CIC's format.

The other one issued something with my functions and salary but no hours, not even the contract state the hours, so I decided to remove it from my EE profile....

The last one, issued a terrible certification letter with only the role and dates (I can't remove this experience from EE); So I decided to talk to the Project Manager I worked for and she told me that she will help me, so I sent her a certification format including the dates, hours, functions and told her to print it in the company letterhead paper. Also, I included a paragraph stating that further information please contact her on her phone number or corporate email.

She will print and sign that letter, but I am worried if that would be acceptable for the CIC, finally, all my salaries will be proved with a tax certificate stating every income and the employer since is kind of unusual in my country to print salaries anywhere...

I'm worried about this, any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Please take this as my suggestion and keep asking for others'advice.
I think that a project manager is an important person in a company and you should be fine if he produces a good letter. Also, if you have one or two years in this company, then no reason to worry about other employers. You can write LOEs explaining why you can't obtain letters from them. In this case you would get points for only this one employer.

Archeia

Nov 26, 2016
I also have issues with two of my previous employers. :(

First one reportedly closed so all I got was a letter without the exact dates of employment (the person who signed it literally put in: Month ____, Year to Month _____, Year), no letterhead and no contact information. I am totally lost how to solve this though I have my last payslip and my income tax return.

I got a sworn statement from a former colleague for the second company which refused to issue me a COE. He'll have it notarized next week. I have kept payslips and certificates of trainings I received during this employment along with a copy of the last e-mail I sent asking for a COE.

Which also brings me to my own question, where do I attach the supporting documents? On the Employment section or the LOE section?