+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of work experience required for Study Permit?

altair1995

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Hi,
I have around 2 years of work experience. Now I have got acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) for a Master's program.
I am applying for a study permit online. Do I have to show proof of work experience? Or it's not required in case of study permit.

altair1995

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Hi,
You don't have to show that you have worked before because you are going to study but you can add it if you wish.
Thank you. I posted this thread in the wrong place since I am not from US. I have since then submitted my application and added few documents to support my work experience.

You have to fill out the paperwork accurately.
Thank you @canuck78. I asked this question because I was not sure what documents I have to show. I am working for a startup exclusively and I work on contract, so, I am not their employee. Therefore no tax deduction at source.

To demonstrate my work experience, I got a reference letter from the CEO, attached my monthly invoices and my contract letter with the application. I made sure to add "on Contract" wherever I had to fill my current occupation details. I also added my Income tax returns.

I hope I was correct in terms of documentation.
Thanks.