+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of upfront medical exam (required)

niclol1910

Jan 13, 2019
Hello,

I'm currently in the process of applying for the IEC Working Holiday Visa.

According to the document checklist on my application, I'm required to provide "Proof of upfront medical exam", however I don't seem to fit the criteria of someone who needs one. I won't be working in a job where public health must be protected and haven't lived outside of Australia for more than 6 months in recent years.
I was born in Brazil, however I have not lived there since I was 5 (20 years ago), and have lived in Australia ever since (I'm an Australian citizen). I cannot seem to proceed with my application without providing the medical exam but technically I shouldn't need it, correct? I've been informed that acquiring a medical exam is $600 and I would like to be absolutely sure that I do require such a document.

Thanks in advance.

Jessfelice

Jan 19, 2020
Hello,

I would like know if get any answer or if you found out what to do. Because I have the same problem. I am applying for the working holiday as Italian and according with the criteria I don’t need to get an upfront exam. I also born in Brazil, but I have been living in the past 3 years in Australia

Reactions: Pedro Paco

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Thanks.
I already read this article and I don’t need. But in my application they ask for
A couple of thing, in some case, if you are applying for a job in health care or medical related which require medical clearance, then you may have to do one.
If you just apply for a regular job, then make sure you select a correct option on the application process
If you go through everything else correctly, you can write to them a letter to explain (include the link above) and ask them if you really need one.
That's all I can think of, but many senior members here would help out too.

Reactions: Pedro Paco

Pedro Paco

Jan 18, 2024
Hello guys,
I am in the same situation. I was born in Brazil, but living abroad (Portugal and Germany) for more than 3 years.
To submit my application and move forward, I need to attach the “Proof of Upfront Medical Exam” document. It is stated:

If you plan to stay for more than 6 months
You need a medical exam if at least one of these applies to you:

None of these applies to me!

What was your decision in the end? Did you take the exam?

Thank you!

Pedro Paco

Jan 18, 2024
Hello,

I'm currently in the process of applying for the IEC Working Holiday Visa.

According to the document checklist on my application, I'm required to provide "Proof of upfront medical exam", however I don't seem to fit the criteria of someone who needs one. I won't be working in a job where public health must be protected and haven't lived outside of Australia for more than 6 months in recent years.
I was born in Brazil, however I have not lived there since I was 5 (20 years ago), and have lived in Australia ever since (I'm an Australian citizen). I cannot seem to proceed with my application without providing the medical exam but technically I shouldn't need it, correct? I've been informed that acquiring a medical exam is $600 and I would like to be absolutely sure that I do require such a document.

Thanks in advance.

Pedro Paco

Jan 18, 2024
Hello,

I would like know if get any answer or if you found out what to do. Because I have the same problem. I am applying for the working holiday as Italian and according with the criteria I don’t need to get an upfront exam. I also born in Brazil, but I have been living in the past 3 years in Australia