+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of time spent in Canada for citizenship

a0

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my PR last year and now I'm trying to learn more about citizenship.

I don't have a job, I don't go to school, I don't have a credit card, all the utility bills are under my husband's name. Could there be a serious problem for me to prove my presence here? I don't intend to travel outside Canada, so there won't be any travel records either.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a0 said:

I don't have a job, I don't go to school, I don't have a credit card, all the utility bills are under my husband's name. Could there be a serious problem for me to prove my presence here? I don't intend to travel outside Canada, so there won't be any travel records either.
Well, you do visit a doctor occasionally, so they will have records if it comes to questioning your residence eligibility.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
a0 said:

In a nutshell.
If you don't lose your passports or PR card and if you don't have any travels to US, Arabic World, China the chances for you to get RQ are very slim to none.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Politren said:
In a nutshell.
If you don't lose your passports or PR card and if you don't have any travels to US, Arabic World, China the chances for you to get RQ are very slim to none.

why do you mention us , arabic countries and china specifically , what about the rest of the world ?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldoc80 said:
why do you mention us , arabic countries and china specifically , what about the rest of the world ?
It's not like he's profiling you. IRCC, on the other hand, has different levels of security scrutiny depending on the country of origin and travels to certain countries.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
cooldoc80 said:
You can make a research even here from all the timeline spreadsheets the exact same pattern. The vast majority of the RQed cases are related with applicants who have been traveled to US, Arabic World, or China.
Go back and check, there is a pretty good size sample from all the resent months and years being archived in this and other forums.

The reason for that is that most of the people were working there in the past and they were trying to present themselves as being living in Canada. CIC definitely holds data from which countries is likely to expect a scam related to imitating residency in Canada while working abroad.

Most of the busted fraudulent consultants were also from China or the Arabic World. The problem with the US is obvious due to not reliable tracking at the borders due to the notorious glitches at the land border.

Diplomatru said:
It's not like he's profiling you. IRCC, on the other hand, has different levels of security scrutiny depending on the country of origin and travels to certain countries.
Yes this is what I am talking about. Concur with Diplomatru.