+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Tax free experience

qaseemali

Oct 14, 2013
Hi,
I am applying for a CSQ and need to show for my 2 year experience in Saudi Arabia, a proof of the legality of not paying taxes.

Currently I am a student in Montreal and have no means of getting a proof from there. I do have a letter from my employer that mentions this.

Does anyone have experience of going through a similar problem or can suggest a solution for this?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/professional-experience.html

qaseemali

Oct 14, 2013
Thanks a bunch.
I was going nuts for this letter as the form still mentions this as a requirement.
Thanks again.

purple_buscuit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Nomination.....
13-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2014
IELTS Request
none but sent anyway
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10-02-2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
qaseemali said:
Hi,
I am applying for a CSQ and need to show for my 2 year experience in Saudi Arabia, a proof of the legality of not paying taxes.

Currently I am a student in Montreal and have no means of getting a proof from there. I do have a letter from my employer that mentions this.

Does anyone have experience of going through a similar problem or can suggest a solution for this?
If you want to err on the safe side, you can always have a lawyer from said country that can write a statement that explains that there is no income tax.
This is what I did (I live in Oman), during my interview I was asked and I produced the document, all went well.

evelyn24

Dec 9, 2013
Proof of TAX no longer compulsory.

Changes to document requirements regarding the “Professional experience” criteria – Regular Skilled Worker Program

November 25, 2015 – The Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion has modified its rules regarding document requirements for applicants in the Regular Skilled Worker Program. From now on, applicants are no longer required to systematically provide proof of the legality of their professional experience (e.g., proof of social contributions or income tax assessment). However, they may be asked for this proof at any time during the processing of their file.

In addition, note that the “Professional experience” criteria will continue to be evaluated based on the same criteria as before. The work experience of skilled worker applicants must have been acquired:
•during the five years preceding the date of submission of the application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec;

•in an occupation with a competency level above “D” according to the National Occupational Classification (NOC);

•legally in the country or territory concerned.

The changes made to the document requirements apply to all applications received by the Ministère as of November 25, 2015, as well as all applications received before this date and for which the preliminary review has not yet begun.