+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of sufficient funds

Ibz2000

Feb 1, 2021
Hi all. Any advice would be appreciated!!
So my undergraduate degree at Memorial University of Newfoundland costs 11,500 CAD per year and I would need to show 10,000 CAD for a year's worth of living! Would showing 15,000 CAD in my sponsor's bank statement along with a notarized affidavit of support be sufficient? I've already paid a full year's tuition! It's a non-sds application

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
If your sponsor has only 15k in their account how can they spend 10k of that on your living expenses???? No VO is going to buy that.

Ibz2000

Feb 1, 2021
If your sponsor has only 15k in their account how can they spend 10k of that on your living expenses???? No VO is going to buy that.
But my tuition fee for the first year is already paid. He earns about 1,200 BHD/ 4,000 CAD per month as well
We will be showing this through his bank statements

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
But my tuition fee for the first year is already paid. He earns about 1,200 BHD/ 4,000 CAD per month as well
We will be showing this through his bank statements
You still need to show the 10K CAD as ready funds. Failing that, VO will probably refuse you stating that they are not convinced you can maintain yourself without working in Canada.

How is your sponsor related to you?

Ibz2000

Feb 1, 2021
You still need to show the 10K CAD as ready funds. Failing that, VO will probably refuse you stating that they are not convinced you can maintain yourself without working in Canada.

How is your sponsor related to you?
He is my brother in law. We've gotten a notarized affidavit of support and all other necessary docs

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
He is my brother in law. We've gotten a notarized affidavit of support and all other necessary docs
Notarized affidavit proves nothing, sorry. Your BIL is not even immediate family so not a credible sponsor in the VO's eyes.
In my opinion, he doesn't have enough liquid funds in his account to sponsor you for 4 years of study plus living costs.

Ibz2000

Feb 1, 2021
Notarized affidavit proves nothing, sorry. Your BIL is not even immediate family so not a credible sponsor in the VO's eyes.
In my opinion, he doesn't have enough liquid funds in his account to sponsor you for 4 years of study plus living costs.
But aren't we supposed to show POF for only the first year (paid tuition and +10,000 CAD in my case) and then the bank statements and other docs will show how the fees and living costs for the remaining years can be paid?

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
But aren't we supposed to show POF for only the first year (paid tuition and +10,000 CAD in my case) and then the bank statements and other docs will show how the fees and living costs for the remaining years can be paid?
10,000 cad is not enough for living expenses. You need to show more.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
How about 15,000 CAD?
Can you show 15K CAD exclusively for your living expenses? If yes, then you have a chance. get GIC or any fixed deposit account in your name, preferably in Canada (yeah I know you are applying non-SDS) with that amount.

I hope you are not applying with family?

Ibz2000

Feb 1, 2021
Yes I think we will be able to show it exclusively for me. I am a 20 year old (had to take a gap year because of covid after my A levels) so no one will be accompanying me!

Reactions: wonderbly

blixdon

Mar 23, 2021
Can you show 15K CAD exclusively for your living expenses? If yes, then you have a chance. get GIC or any fixed deposit account in your name, preferably in Canada (yeah I know you are applying non-SDS) with that amount.

I hope you are not applying with family?
Please how can he have fixed deposit account in Canada?