+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of sibling relationship

Gozi

Sep 8, 2020
@legalfalcon , I have seen your numerous posts and guidance to so many persons on this forum! May you be rewarded immensely . Please see my situation below and assist with any advise;

I am in a fix right now with our EE profile.

I am the principal applicant and we (my spouse and I) are hoping to claim points for her sister in Canada.
She immigrated as a refugee due to internal family issues in 2017. Her application for stay was granted in 2018.
She did her PR application since January 2019, received instructions to proceed with Medicals in Oct 2019, Submitted Medicals in Nov 2019.

She confirmed that my spouses name was filled during her PR application as a sibling

Now the problem;
From then (Nov 2019) till now, no feedback received from CIC.
Due to the COVID-19 delays, processing times for PR issuance has changed and getting across to them is futile.

Option 1:
Can we still claim 15 points for sibling assuming we get ITA and need to show proof of PR?

using a LOE with;

1. Sister in-law's PR Application ID number.
  2. Screenshot from CIC application website showing present status of my sister-in-law's application
  3. Email sent to CIC from my sister-in-law requesting for PR card/COPR processing.

Option 2:
Remove sibling relationship as this may mean "Misinterpretation" even with the above explanation given.

We really need the 15 points to boost our CRS to 472 in anticipation for the coming draws.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon , I have seen your numerous posts and guidance to so many persons on this forum! May you be rewarded immensely . Please see my situation below and assist with any advise;

I am the principal applicant and we (my spouse and I) are hoping to claim points for her sister in Canada.
She immigrated as a refugee due to internal family issues in 2017. Her application for stay was granted in 2018.
She did her PR application since January 2019, received instructions to proceed with Medicals in Oct 2019, Submitted Medicals in Nov 2019.

She confirmed that my spouses name was filled during her PR application as a sibling

Now the problem;
Due to the COVID-19 delays, processing times for PR issuance has changed and getting across to them is futile.

Option 1:
Can we still claim 15 points for sibling assuming we get ITA and need to show proof of PR?

using a LOE with;
  2. Screenshot from CIC application website showing present status of my sister-in-law's application
  3. Email sent to CIC from my sister-in-law requesting for PR card/COPR processing.

Option 2:
Remove sibling relationship as this may mean "Misinterpretation" even with the above explanation given.

We really need the 15 points to boost our CRS to 472 in anticipation for the coming draws.

You are confusing two things.

1. You do not have to claim points for sibling, even if you have a sibling in Canada.
2. You have to declare all immediate family members, irrespective of whether you claim points for them or not.

If your sibling's PR application has not been approved, then you cannot claim points for sibling.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015

Now the problem;

Option 1:

using a LOE with;

Option 2:

You have to include the sibling in the PR application. But right now you are only filling out EE profile (not PR application). The questions
'does XYZ have a sibling who is PR' should be answered as no, because the sister is not a PR yet. Whenever she completes landing/interview as a PR, you cna change your response to the question and then get sibling points.

Reactions: Gozi

Gozi

Sep 8, 2020
You are confusing two things.

1. You do not have to claim points for sibling, even if you have a sibling in Canada.
2. You have to declare all immediate family members, irrespective of whether you claim points for them or not.

If your sibling's PR application has not been approved, then you cannot claim points for sibling.

Thank you very much.

Gozi

Sep 8, 2020
You have to include the sibling in the PR application. But right now you are only filling out EE profile (not PR application). The questions
'does XYZ have a sibling who is PR' should be answered as no, because the sister is not a PR yet. Whenever she completes landing/interview as a PR, you cna change your response to the question and then get sibling points.

Thank you very much.

poojamangalam

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
OK similar case to mine... so what i submitted is as per below

copy of her old indian passport
copy of her current passport
copy of bank statements (to prove she is still in canada. any utility bill here in her name is fine)
copy of OCI document (overseas citizen of india. this has bio pages also)

whenever she filed for PR, chances are they would have declared you as a sibling anyway - so they will double check this information before confirming it as correct.

good luck
Hi,

I have similar situation, I do not have my birth certificate and my sister has Canadian Passport. So I am also planning to submit her old indian passport and my passport's last page which states our parents name. However, was that sufficient in your case or did they ask anything else as well ?? Do we need to write any letter of explanation?

Thanks in advance.

poojamangalam

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
OK similar case to mine... so what i submitted is as per below

copy of her old indian passport
copy of her current passport
copy of bank statements (to prove she is still in canada. any utility bill here in her name is fine)
copy of OCI document (overseas citizen of india. this has bio pages also)

whenever she filed for PR, chances are they would have declared you as a sibling anyway - so they will double check this information before confirming it as correct.

good luck
Hi,

Did the old passport of your sibling worked? or CIC asked for any additional documets?

Please response.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Did the old passport of your sibling worked? or CIC asked for any additional documets?

Please response.
Yes it worked. Submit whatever documents you can, i mentioned the entire list earlier in the post.

i dont login to this blog anymore - if you have any questions, just pm me.

poojamangalam

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Is birth certificate also mandatory for sibling relationship proof?? I have copy of my sisters and mine birth certificates, but they do not have our names (name of child was left blank that time) and parents name is also only first name (without surname).
I am submitting my current passport and her old Indian passport which have our parents name in full. Her current passport is Canadian and Canadian passports do not have parents name on them.
Hi,
did you apply using your sister's old indian passport? did you upload additional documents for proof of relationship?? Did it work?

Thanks in advance!