+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of sibling relationship

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Address doesn't matter so much. If your mother's passport has a different name, then it's worth getting a one-and-the-same-person affidavit.

Reactions: Maninder_gill3
Sep 2, 2019
Address doesn't matter so much. If your mother's passport has a different name, then it's worth getting a one-and-the-same-person affidavit.
Hi,
Thanks for your response.

Well the difference is only in the surname of my mother nothing else.

So in that case also do i need to submit an affidavit along with my sister's passport in this section?

Dec 10, 2019
Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
My father's name in all certificates is "Md. Abu Khalek". And the father's name of my siblings including my father's name itself is "Firoz Uddin Md. Abu Khaled". Now it's quite impossible to correct the spelling in my certificates. But I'm worried. If I only correct my birth certificate by the name "Md. Abu Khalek Alies Firoz Uddin Md. Abu Khaled" , should this be enough to prove relationship with my siblings and father in future family sponsorship when I will get settled in canada? I've not yet applied for immigration .What exactly should i do in this case?

Last edited:

Gaupasna

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Is birth certificate also mandatory for sibling relationship proof?? I have copy of my sisters and mine birth certificates, but they do not have our names (name of child was left blank that time) and parents name is also only first name (without surname).
I am submitting my current passport and her old Indian passport which have our parents name in full. Her current passport is Canadian and Canadian passports do not have parents name on them.

Hi... Did this work?
I am at same situation and but, my sister's old Indian passport is expired/canceled when she got her citizenship ..!! so, she doesn't have her passport in hand just soft copy. SO, what you suggest what will help ??
we also have marriage certificates indicating our father name on that.

please help

Gaupasna

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
OK similar case to mine... so what i submitted is as per below

copy of her old indian passport
copy of her current passport
copy of bank statements (to prove she is still in canada. any utility bill here in her name is fine)
copy of OCI document (overseas citizen of india. this has bio pages also)

whenever she filed for PR, chances are they would have declared you as a sibling anyway - so they will double check this information before confirming it as correct.

good luck
Hi...
I am at same situation and but, my sister's old Indian passport is expired/canceled when she got her citizenship ..!! so, she doesn't have her passport in hand just soft copy. SO, what you suggest what will help ??

please help

mrbhush

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Chennai
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
In my case our fathers name has a minor spelling mistake between mine and my brothers passport and Birth certificate (no spelling mistake in our mothers name). So i applied for an affidavit stating that both the names are one and the same. I got two affidavit one for the birth certificate and the other one for Passport. Small spelling mistake will not create noise in my opinion. Hope this helps !!
Hi Rapheee,
I am on same situation, can you please share the content of two affidavit letters.
mail: bhush.m@gmail.com

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi...

please help
Soft copy is fine. They will not check the physical cancelled passport anyway.

BTW another way they will cross check is - When your sister applied for PR and citizenship, she would have had to declare names, DOBs and address of all siblings as well. So if your name and DOB was there when she declared, that should be fine.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BTW I'm barely on the forum anymore... so if anything needs urgent attention - ping me. I'll do my best to reply ASAP

Jul 30, 2020
Hi.
Will it be ok if i just show passport copies of me and my brother who has a Canadian PR?
Coz there are quite a few mistake in our birth certificates.
1. Our birth certificate shows our dad's second name where as passport and all other documents show his first and second name.
2. Our surname is spelled wrong in both our certificates. Just one alphabet is wrong.
3. In my certificate, my mom's names has been spelled wrong. Just one alphabet again.
So can i still submit my biirth certificate? Or will i have to make an affidavit or something? Or can i just show passport copies?

kaur4917

Star Member
Jun 1, 2020
Hi.
Will it be ok if i just show passport copies of me and my brother who has a Canadian PR?
Coz there are quite a few mistake in our birth certificates.
1. Our birth certificate shows our dad's second name where as passport and all other documents show his first and second name.
2. Our surname is spelled wrong in both our certificates. Just one alphabet is wrong.
3. In my certificate, my mom's names has been spelled wrong. Just one alphabet again.
So can i still submit my biirth certificate? Or will i have to make an affidavit or something? Or can i just show passport copies?
Hey .......what did you do in your case? Did you submit passport only?

kaur4917

Star Member
Jun 1, 2020
Hi...

please help
hey............what did you use finally for sibling points?