Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
In my Express Entry profile while submitting the proof there are

1. a section for Proof of sibling relationship
2. a section for Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling
3. a section for Proof of residency in Canada of sibling
4. a section for Family Member Proof of Status

BTW i have my brother in Canada for more than 4 years. I can provide Bank Statements, Utility Bills, PR card and other docs.

Please help on what documents should be provided for each section !!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
1. A copy of his passport bio page and the page that lists his parents (and your parents). Your passport has the same names in it, right?
2. PR Card
3. PR Card + utility bills and bank statements, a copy of the lease.
4. PR Card

Reactions: usijan

hb1975

Apr 16, 2017
1. A copy of his passport bio page and the page that lists his parents (and your parents). Your passport has the same names in it, right?
2. PR Card
3. PR Card + utility bills and bank statements, a copy of the lease.
4. PR Card
Is birth certificate also mandatory for sibling relationship proof?? I have copy of my sisters and mine birth certificates, but they do not have our names (name of child was left blank that time) and parents name is also only first name (without surname).
I am submitting my current passport and her old Indian passport which have our parents name in full. Her current passport is Canadian and Canadian passports do not have parents name on them.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is birth certificate also mandatory for sibling relationship proof?? I have copy of my sisters and mine birth certificates, but they do not have our names (name of child was left blank that time) and parents name is also only first name (without surname).
I am submitting my current passport and her old Indian passport which have our parents name in full. Her current passport is Canadian and Canadian passports do not have parents name on them.
OK similar case to mine... so what i submitted is as per below

copy of her old indian passport
copy of her current passport
copy of bank statements (to prove she is still in canada. any utility bill here in her name is fine)
copy of OCI document (overseas citizen of india. this has bio pages also)

whenever she filed for PR, chances are they would have declared you as a sibling anyway - so they will double check this information before confirming it as correct.

good luck

Rkkahlon

May 9, 2017
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-10-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
my sister is in canada... bt there is a minor spelling difference in both my mother's n father's name in her passport n mine... what should i do...

Reactions: jeet1795

Rapheee

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Chennai
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
my sister is in canada... bt there is a minor spelling difference in both my mother's n father's name in her passport n mine... what should i do...
In my case our fathers name has a minor spelling mistake between mine and my brothers passport and Birth certificate (no spelling mistake in our mothers name). So i applied for an affidavit stating that both the names are one and the same. I got two affidavit one for the birth certificate and the other one for Passport. Small spelling mistake will not create noise in my opinion. Hope this helps !!

Rapheee

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Chennai
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I guess you shud be applying for a birth certificate in the Municipal office. The one you have with you must be issued by the hospital. The certificates issued by the hospital wont have the names for sure. You have to take this certificate with you and some other proof proving your age (like your high school cert) and your parents (like ration card, passport etc) and submit them to the municipal office. Now they will verify the documents and issue a birth cert with your name on it. This was the procedure i followed ( I am from Tamilnadu, India) and it worked fine for me. The procedure takes roughly around a week. If you can take care of the officer well, it might get over even soon ;)

Last edited:

Rkkahlon

May 9, 2017
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-10-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
In my case our fathers name has a minor spelling mistake between mine and my brothers passport and Birth certificate (no spelling mistake in our mothers name). So i applied for an affidavit stating that both the names are one and the same. I got two affidavit one for the birth certificate and the other one for Passport. Small spelling mistake will not create noise in my opinion. Hope this helps !!
thanks... i think making affidavit is a gud idea

bharry0101

Nov 24, 2017
Can you please share the content of the affidavit that you made for your parent's spelling difference?

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello,

Did you have any update on this? I mean did CIC asked you for BirthCertificate even you have submitted passport. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Krunal

NellyM.

Jan 24, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have a question related to that topic. I have a sister who is a Canadian citizen now and living in Canada with her family.
But I don't want to add her in my application, I have enough points and getting the documents are hard because she is not full sister, she is my sister from my dad side.
So if I choose that I don't have a relative in Canada, will that consider as a fraud?

Dec 22, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have a question related to that topic. I have a sister who is a Canadian citizen now and living in Canada with her family.
But I don't want to add her in my application, I have enough points and getting the documents are hard because she is not full sister, she is my sister from my dad side.
So if I choose that I don't have a relative in Canada, will that consider as a fraud?
Hi Nelly, I answered your question in a different thread.

cnd_grl

Dec 6, 2014
Has anyone submitted point 4) Family Member Proof of Status:

What document can we upload for this section?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone submitted point 4) Family Member Proof of Status:

What document can we upload for this section?
"
Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada (including a brother or sister for the purpose of obtaining additional CRS points)
Purpose
To validate a claim of, and award points associated with, having

• a relative in Canada who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (for the Federal Skilled Worker Program adaptability points);
  • an adult brother or sister who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident residing in Canada (for additional CRS points).
Document requirements
  • This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship).
  • If the applicant claims a stepbrother or stepsister, there should be no evidence in the application that the marriage or common-law relationship between the "
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html