+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of sibling relationship issues

Burawski

Mar 1, 2019
Hi everyone! On my Birth certificate, my mother's first name is different from what is on my sister's birth certificate. Father's name is no problem. So basically my mother used 3 names for reasons that I do not know. For easier understanding let's say, on my birth certificate, her name shows "Gladys" and on my sister's birth certificate, it shows "Glenda". But on my mother's birth certificate it shows "Jenny". My mother was able to secure an affidavit back home to show that "Gladys" and "Glenda" are the same person. Now my problem is the name "Jenny" on my birth certificate. My mother's middle and last names are all good. It is just the first name.

My mother and father are PR in Canada already and is officially using "Glenda" as her official name. My sister is a Citizen. She used "Glenda" during her application.

Would an LOE suffice in this situation?

Chihaz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Hi everyone! On my Birth certificate, my mother's first name is different from what is on my sister's birth certificate. Father's name is no problem. So basically my mother used 3 names for reasons that I do not know. For easier understanding let's say, on my birth certificate, her name shows "Gladys" and on my sister's birth certificate, it shows "Glenda". But on my mother's birth certificate it shows "Jenny". My mother was able to secure an affidavit back home to show that "Gladys" and "Glenda" are the same person. Now my problem is the name "Jenny" on my birth certificate. My mother's middle and last names are all good. It is just the first name.

My mother and father are PR in Canada already and is officially using "Glenda" as her official name. My sister is a Citizen. She used "Glenda" during her application.

Would an LOE suffice in this situation?
You should be fine. As long as one parent matches. It doesn't hurt to submit all the other supporting docs like your mother's affidavit and a letter of explanation saying it is one and the same person. All the best.