App. Filed.......
Aug.2011
Doc's Request.
Sept.2013
Nomination.....
Waiting
IELTS Request
Sept.2013
Hi to all, may I ask to those who have experience of submitting PNP Saskatchewan, what are the the documents you showed as a proof of settlement funds? Does it require showing 3 months of balance in bankbook? Do I have to submit a bank book/passbook? Please share your experiences, I'm still in the process of documentation. Thanks in advance

Imay

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Provide verifiable proof of funds,A Canadian bank doing Business in your Country or an International bank doing Business in your Country and Canada,The Canadian Branch confirms your deposit

god0fwar

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
hi all!

can i submit credit card (i.e. credit limits as proof) as part of my settlement funds?

when i was also trying out applying as skilled immigrant in new zealand, immigration new zealand accepts credit card (having enough credit limit) from financial institutions to be included in the settlement funds.

thanks in advance!

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
god0fwar said:
thanks, but it didn't mention if credit cards/limits may be considered as "funds".
Dude,

Credit card does not mean funds. Its borrowing limit. That limit does not mean your own funds. They want to see what asset you will get into the country not liabilities. So please keep this in mind or it might lead to refusal.

Sincerly,
AG

god0fwar

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
AlbertaGovernor said:
Dude,

Credit card does not mean funds. Its borrowing limit. That limit does not mean your own funds. They want to see what asset you will get into the country not liabilities. So please keep this in mind or it might lead to refusal.

Sincerly,
AG
thanks! i just thought it will be similar in canada as it is in immigration new zealand as they accept credit cards as a way to prove that you could be able to support yourself for a certain time after migrating.

EmInEe

May 12, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
MPNP Gen Stream 04-8-2010
Med's Request
Feb. 2, 2011
Med's Done....
Feb. 3, 2011
Hi to all, may I ask to those who have experience of submitting PNP Saskatchewan, what are the the documents you showed as a proof of settlement funds? Does it require showing 3 months of balance in bankbook? Do I have to submit a bank book/passbook? Please share your experiences, I'm still in the process of documentation. Thanks in advance

Imay

Hello my dear Imay,

basing on my experience, we submitted a certificate of settlement funds or certificate of bank account coming from our bank. You can request that from the bank where you deposited all your funds. And i guess its true that they require at least 3 months deposit balance in your account.

Good luck!

EminEe

god0fwar

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
in the course of application (whether in PNP or already CIC), will you be required to explain where the funds came from?

agoldenapple

Apr 28, 2010
Thanks to the forum members and IPEVO specially for sharing that specific link "Canadian Immigration Proof of Funds, what you need to know".

patience

Star Member
Mar 13, 2008
trinidad and tobago
Category........
Visa Office......
port of spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 11 2009
Doc's Request.
november 9 2009
Nomination.....
april19 2009
AOR Received.
aust 9 2010
Med's Request
november 22 2009
Med's Done....
december 6 2009
Passport Req..
february 24 2010
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2010
LANDED..........
april 29 2010
onc you have a job offer the funds are waived but you still need a bank statemnt to submit with application.i landed in canada with only $300 canadian

auhassan

Feb 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have contacted with the Managers for SINP. Mr. David Li and Ms. Tracy, they are trying to solve the issue of IELTS, this is not the requirment for SINP if the person is fulfilling the Language Proficiency By other means. My suggestion for those who received IELTS result to submitt to CHC London, those applicant should contact with Mr. David Li or Tracy and attached the scan copy of the Letter from CHC London. here are the e mail address for mailing.

tracy.davies@gov.sk.ca
david.li@gov.sk.ca

god0fwar

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Re: Proof of "transferable" settlement funds query

i'm from the philippines and i am applying for SINP through the family stream.

my brother will be sending the affidavit of support and all other required docs from him (as the permanent resident)

my question on the proof of "transferable" settlement funds, what is the requirement?

the reason why i'm quoting the "transferable" is that i believe the funds are not needed to be already in a bank in canada or canadian bank. please correct me if i'm wrong.

this means i just need to show i have >$10,000 that is in my bank account (which of course is in my country the philippines) which is readily transferable to a bank in canada in case i am nominated and my application to be an immigrant is granted by the federal government (CIC).

what do i need to show as proof? would a bank statement issued by our bank here in the philippines suffice?

filipinos who applied through SINP, please help... i'd appreciate your feedback! thanks! merci beaucoup!

Janmyung

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

god0fwar said:
i'm from the philippines and i am applying for SINP through the family stream.

my brother will be sending the affidavit of support and all other required docs from him (as the permanent resident)

my question on the proof of "transferable" settlement funds, what is the requirement?

the reason why i'm quoting the "transferable" is that i believe the funds are not needed to be already in a bank in canada or canadian bank. please correct me if i'm wrong.

this means i just need to show i have >$10,000 that is in my bank account (which of course is in my country the philippines) which is readily transferable to a bank in canada in case i am nominated and my application to be an immigrant is granted by the federal government (CIC).

what do i need to show as proof? would a bank statement issued by our bank here in the philippines suffice?

filipinos who applied through SINP, please help... i'd appreciate your feedback! thanks! merci beaucoup!
You need to have it atleast in your bank for 3 months or more, they may ask for a breakdown of your account. Better to have withdrawals / deposits. I have heard of denials if they were proven to have just borrowed funds ( agencies or other sources ).

I hope I have answered your question.

god0fwar

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010

Janmyung said:
You need to have it atleast in your bank for 3 months or more, they may ask for a breakdown of your account. Better to have withdrawals / deposits. I have heard of denials if they were proven to have just borrowed funds ( agencies or other sources ).

I hope I have answered your question.
what if "some" of the funds are <3mos old? about half of my funds just came in a week ago as bonus from a recent promotion here in my work, does that mean i would need to wait at least 3mos before i could show these funds? thanks!