+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Settlement Funds: Bank Deposit Cert vs. Fixed Deposit Cert

Smalto

Dec 8, 2012
I will be submitting my application early 2013. I just want to ask about the POF.

I am a Filipino employed in Bahrain. I have 2 bank accounts in the Philippines where I have never sent money to for a year and a half (I think) because I have been sending money to my mother’s account, and my accounts have been sort of neglected, although they are still active. I also have accounts in Bahrain: one is for where I receive my salary, and the other for the fixed deposit account that I have just opened last Oct ’12.

Now, my questions are:
1) If I make a one-time bulk deposit to the Philippine account that I have never ‘used’ for over a year and use the bank deposit certificate (which is just a 6-month bank statement, I presume) as POF, will my source of funds be questioned? Will it be a reason for refusal (God-forbid!)?
2) OR, can I just put the money into fixed deposit under the account that I’ve recently opened? The issue I’m concerned with here is: if I put it in fixed deposit now (December ’12) and I will be sending in my application on January ’13, will it still be questioned?

Please help me out. Thanks.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You may make the fixed deposit and attach the copy of the deposit certificate. If you are able to get a bank certificate on their original letter head, that also would do the purpose.