Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
12-MAR-2016
Hello fellows

After my citizenship application I had to leave Canada and due to pandemic got stuck outside till present. I had to write citizenship test outside Canada. Today I received the following letter via email:

============
This is in regards to your application for Canadian Citizenship. You are receiving this notice
because Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) needs more detailed information
from you.
It is noted that you wrote the Citizenship Test from outside Canada. Please reply to this email
with the following information:
- The date you left Canada prior to Citizenship Test invitation
- The date you returned (or intended to return) to Canada
- If you are back in Canada, you are required to provide proof of your return, such as, travel
documents. This may include: travel itinerary, e-booking confirmation, flight confirmation,
boarding pass, Canadian entry stamp.
- A copy of your PR Card.
When responding back to this email please ensure that you include in the subject line-
- OOC – Application/File No.

Please provide this information within 30 days of this email to facilitate the processing of your
application

=============

Anyone received any letters like this? Any advice? I don't plan to return to Canada till November probably.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hello fellows

After my citizenship application I had to leave Canada and due to pandemic got stuck outside till present. I had to write citizenship test outside Canada. Today I received the following letter via email:

============
This is in regards to your application for Canadian Citizenship. You are receiving this notice
because Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) needs more detailed information
from you.
It is noted that you wrote the Citizenship Test from outside Canada. Please reply to this email
with the following information:
- The date you left Canada prior to Citizenship Test invitation
- The date you returned (or intended to return) to Canada
- If you are back in Canada, you are required to provide proof of your return, such as, travel
documents. This may include: travel itinerary, e-booking confirmation, flight confirmation,
boarding pass, Canadian entry stamp.
- A copy of your PR Card.
When responding back to this email please ensure that you include in the subject line-
- OOC – Application/File No.

Please provide this information within 30 days of this email to facilitate the processing of your
application

=============

Anyone received any letters like this? Any advice? I don't plan to return to Canada till November probably.
Just give them an intend-to-return date (subject to change).

yeezee

Aug 23, 2019
I got the same message last year. Just tell them your plan (no gaming).
Next in your interview AND before oath arrangement they will need your travel plan (or proof of returning to Canada) again. It is better to email them proactively when you are back to Canada, so they don't need to confirm with you again and again.

prasanna@

Aug 15, 2016
Next in your interview AND before oath arrangement they will need your travel plan (or proof of returning to Canada) again. It is better to email them proactively when you are back to Canada, so they don't need to confirm with you again and again.
Hi,
I also got the same email today. I am planning to give a return date by end of august. I am going to book and ticket and send the ticket details as well.
Do you know if that will suffice the proof?
After providing these documents, will there be an interview again?

I am a April 2021 applicant. Completed by citizenship test on Nov 26 2021. Since then this is the first email I getting after 7 months. My application is in Scarborough office.

CYM

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Hi, I also got the same email yesterday after waiting for 11 months with no progress upon completing my test last Aug. I was outside Canada for a vacation only and I already replied with all the travel proofs I have. In your case, how long you have waited for the interview invitation after providing them the travel proofs? so an interview is expected or just happen to some cases only? thx

CYM

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Hi,
I also got the same email today. I am planning to give a return date by end of august. I am going to book and ticket and send the ticket details as well.

I am a April 2021 applicant. Completed by citizenship test on Nov 26 2021. Since then this is the first email I getting after 7 months. My application is in Scarborough office.
I think Scarborough office was sending a bunch of these emails out yesterday!!

Ana.me

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Looks like taking the citizenship test outside Canada, is not a good idea. Even if someone leaving for few days for vacation, maybe better to reschedule the test when you are inside Canada.

Reactions: akbardxb

naseryas

Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
12-MAR-2016
Any update for those who replied to the email. I have not replied yet myself.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi,

If you go through the forum. your will find a few requests for boarding passes and/or copies of passport, so just a booked ticket may not suffice. A number of processing offices are actively working to ensure that applicants are physically back in Canada for continued processing of the application or for oath.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Looks like taking the citizenship test outside Canada, is not a good idea. Even if someone leaving for few days for vacation, maybe better to reschedule the test when you are inside Canada.
Agree. All citizenship applicants are considered guilty unless proven innocent but documentary evidence.

Reactions: sahibo

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree. All citizenship applicants are considered guilty unless proven innocent but documentary evidence.
Assume they are running into many situations where people say they will be back in Canada on a certain date and then right before the oath date they send an email saying they haven’t returned. Creates a lot of issues. People rescheduling multiple time and an empty seat that would have allowed another person to get citizenship.

isari

Mar 27, 2018
I got the same mail a couple of days ago and responded that we will be back in August (crazy price for plane tickets, may be delayed though). I am also wondering what will happen next. If anybody got a response or went through this process could it possible to enlighten us what we expect. My story is different than yours I think. Probably we are one of the longest waited guys (process started May 2018 and took the test a year ago). Still pending for a decision. Officers are replying back with standard templates stating that our file is in process and it makes me crazy. Appreciate if somebody share their comments and suggestions.

Reactions: Dreamlad

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got the same mail a couple of days ago and responded that we will be back in August (crazy price for plane tickets, may be delayed though). I am also wondering what will happen next. If anybody got a response or went through this process could it possible to enlighten us what we expect. My story is different than yours I think. Probably we are one of the longest waited guys (process started May 2018 and took the test a year ago). Still pending for a decision. Officers are replying back with standard templates stating that our file is in process and it makes me crazy. Appreciate if somebody share their comments and suggestions.
Do you still meet your RO as a PR?

isari

Mar 27, 2018
Do you still meet your RO as a PR?
Unfortunately no. After application my father in law passed away and mother in law had health issues. Then pandemic started. I found a job back home and now ready to go back. PR is expiring on May.