+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of return - airline ticket?

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can a plane ticket be used as proof of re-establishing in Canada incase CIC requests more?

And also my husband moving back to Canada before my PR is done wont do anything to the application right? Even though we said on the application that he doesn't live in Canada at the moment?

Thanks!

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
It can certainly be part of the proof however, the fact he is actually moving back prior to you receiving is about as good a proof as you can get! It won't affect your application at all. If they do ask for additional information it might delay your application by a few months but at least you will have concrete evidence he is already back in Canada.

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since we already sent our application in now in March if they will request more proof they will do so before we arrive in Canada, the ticket is for the end of September and we really want it cause honestly I have never seen such a cheap ticket for two people before, lol! It was our original plan anyways to go to Canada this fall for him to begin setting our life up, apply for a job and such. I will go with as a visitor until my PR is approved cause I highly doubt we would be so lucky that it will be approved by then :) One can only hope though!

The proof of his return we sent with are email conversations between my husband and the collage he wants to apply for, between myself and the collage Im applying to, letter from our best friends were she states we will be living with her when we arrive and until we get set up, letters from other family members stating that we have told them about our plans to move back, copies of facebook statuses and conversations were we are mentioning our plans to move back. Too bad we weren't able to get an employment offer but seems like that's a difficult one for many couples applying.

Either way I hope and pray CIC wont ask for more proof and will approve him as a sponsor, but we will us buy the ticket now then we could atleast send a copy of that one incase they request more :)

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Once you find out what office CIC send your part of the application to and you have your UCI/File number you could forward a copy of the ticket on. We were asked for additional proof from Ottawa and that has set us back a few months which is really frustrating!

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brucem said:
Once you find out what office CIC send your part of the application to and you have your UCI/File number you could forward a copy of the ticket on. We were asked for additional proof from Ottawa and that has set us back a few months which is really frustrating!
Oh yes I can imagine that frustration! What type of proof did you send with your guys's application? Isn't the immigration part only sent away after the sponsor is approved? or have I missunderstood that? There's no way of maybe sending a copy to Mississauga to add to my husbands sponsor application?

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
mrs.sweden said:
Oh yes I can imagine that frustration! What type of proof did you send with your guys's application? Isn't the immigration part only sent away after the sponsor is approved? or have I missunderstood that? There's no way of maybe sending a copy to Mississauga to add to my husbands sponsor application?
That's right you would need to wait until after your husband receives SA and then you will have your UCI and file number and address of the office that will be processing your part so don't send anything until then.

As neither of us will have a job or an apartment when we arrive we sent countless letters from friends in Canada, emails to and from them, enquiries we did make about apartments. Letters from her parents and sisters saying we would be staying with her parents when we arrive. We also got our daughter her Canadian passport and sent a copy of that. And my wife still has her Canadian bank account so we sent details of that. It is quite tricky though!

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brucem said:
That's right you would need to wait until after your husband receives SA and then you will have your UCI and file number and address of the office that will be processing your part so don't send anything until then.

As neither of us will have a job or an apartment when we arrive we sent countless letters from friends in Canada, emails to and from them, enquiries we did make about apartments. Letters from her parents and sisters saying we would be staying with her parents when we arrive. We also got our daughter her Canadian passport and sent a copy of that. And my wife still has her Canadian bank account so we sent details of that. It is quite tricky though!
Oh wow and that still wasen't enough? Now I'm definetly worried about my husband's proof not beeing enough :( I think it's so difficult cause some things are just not possible to do or get until you actually get there, I mean no landlord will hold an empty apartment for anyone not knowing when the tenants will arrive, also jobs are hard to get cause not many companies will offer you a job and hold it for you until you get there :(

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Oh no sorry I wasnt clear that was the information we sent AFTER we were asked for additional information. In the initial application we only sent a letter from her parents and a couple of emails which in retrospect wasn't that much! Hopefully you guys will be ok.

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brucem said:
Oh no sorry I wasnt clear that was the information we sent AFTER we were asked for additional information. In the initial application we only sent a letter from her parents and a couple of emails which in retrospect wasn't that much! Hopefully you guys will be ok.
Oh okay I see! lol no worries :) I hope everything runs smoothly for you guys from now on :)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Have a read of this - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ#Item_20:_Proof_of_intent_to_return_-_how_do_I_prove_I_want_to_move_back_to_Canada.3F :)

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SchnookoLoly said:
Have a read of this - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ#Item_20:_Proof_of_intent_to_return_-_how_do_I_prove_I_want_to_move_back_to_Canada.3F :)
No I haven't but I definetly will now! Thanks! :)