+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship

Yen Nguyen

Aug 19, 2022
Hi All,

I'm currently staying in Canada with my visitor visa and we're preparing to apply for spousal sponsorship visa. And because I just moved in with my husband in the last 2 months so only his name is under the tenant contract so I would like to ask what documents you provide to prove that you live with your partner? He has put my name under his telephone contract and we have a joint account that we use for daily expenses so far, please let me know what other documents I need to prepare for our application. Thank you all in advance for your help.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
When did you get married? Your proof is about the relationship not just about co-habiting. So you can provide proof before you come to Canada. How your relationship develops. Your dating history, your wedding, your marriage certificate...etc can be proof as well.

For cohabiting proof (inland applicants need to proof living with their sponsors in Canada), you can use bank statements and other bills. Even shipping address.

Yen Nguyen

Aug 19, 2022
When did you get married? Your proof is about the relationship not just about co-habiting. So you can provide proof before you come to Canada. How your relationship develops. Your dating history, your wedding, your marriage certificate...etc can be proof as well.

For cohabiting proof (inland applicants need to proof living with their sponsors in Canada), you can use bank statements and other bills. Even shipping address.
Thank you for your reply. Please help to answer one more question.

Can I put 4 screenshots in 1 A4 paper and do we have limitation for the number of pages that we can submit? I mean it likes we can only provide 20 pictures to show our relationship.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you for your reply. Please help to answer one more question.

Can I put 4 screenshots in 1 A4 paper and do we have limitation for the number of pages that we can submit? I mean it likes we can only provide 20 pictures to show our relationship.
Not sure. I think it's still 20 if you make collages of your photos. BUT remember it's quality over quantity. So pick pictures to show progress and in different events and activities with friends and family. (e.g. Showing 20 pictures all at the wedding is not very useful. )

Reactions: Yen Nguyen

Yen Nguyen

Aug 19, 2022
Not sure. I think it's still 20 if you make collages of your photos. BUT remember it's quality over quantity. So pick pictures to show progress and in different events and activities with friends and family. (e.g. Showing 20 pictures all at the wedding is not very useful. )
Thank you for your help! Have a nice day

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I'm currently staying in Canada with my visitor visa and we're preparing to apply for spousal sponsorship visa. And because I just moved in with my husband in the last 2 months so only his name is under the tenant contract so I would like to ask what documents you provide to prove that you live with your partner? He has put my name under his telephone contract and we have a joint account that we use for daily expenses so far, please let me know what other documents I need to prepare for our application. Thank you all in advance for your help.
Might consider submitting an Outland application, even though your are in Canada. Historically they are processed faster than Inland applications. The only caveat is you would not be eligible for an Open Work Permit, but that is taking ~ 8 months + to receive anyway; you could get Outland PR by then...maybe?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Might consider submitting an Outland application, even though your are in Canada. Historically they are processed faster than Inland applications. The only caveat is you would not be eligible for an Open Work Permit, but that is taking ~ 8 months + to receive anyway; you could get Outland PR by then...maybe?
I am not sure about timeline any more. If you check some 2022 application discussions. Some are approved very fast.... And some just same old slow process.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/【inland】-spousal-sponsorship-2022.759864/page-7